Asean Championship

bendix

I'm surprised there's no thread on this tournament so far. I'm actually quite enjoying it, and really enjoyed Thailand's four-nil rout of the Philippines last night.

After the match, I checked the FIFA world rankings and was surprised to see the Philippines were ranked higher than Thailand. I thought the Thai team looked quite good on the ball, although I suspect they'd get muscled out of a game against harder opponents.

It will be interesting to see how they stack up against Australia in the Asian Cup later this year.

I have been following the tournament,,,being in Singers I guess you would .

Thailand are looking really good ,,the thrashing they gave Philippines was great,,,even the wife was cheering.

Semi final time and its a two leg affair.

Thailand will play Vietnam home and away next week.

Singerpore will play Malaysia home and away next week.

I hope for a Thai Singers final!

Who will I cheer for?

THAILAND of course.

ps......I would like to see the attack force of Thailand in the Sheff Utd team.

But living in Sheffield is crap and they know it.

Edited by soihok

Just watched Singers and Malaysia draw 1-1 in KL ,,a mixed bag really ,I tried to enjoy the game but had that goon Sheby spouting s**te all the time.

I,m hoping for a Sing -Thai final.

Can anyone tell me where the final will be if Thailand are in it? .....please.

Cheers

Edited by soihok

Thailand came out on top of a very close matched game.

Vietnam were unlucky not to have scored at least one goal,,,,including the missed penalty.

Next leg will be played in Bangkok and I wish I could be there to see it , but I wont be.

Football played this way is really refreshing after being swamped by some of the carry on in the Premiership.

COME ON THAILAND :o

The Final will be played over 2 legs. The winner of Thailand vs Vietnam will host the second leg. I thought it was justice that Vietnam missed that penalty as In my opinion it was a fair challenge by the Thai defender. Can't wait to go to the stadium on Sunday, it's been a lot of fun down there at the matcvhes I've attended so far. As for Australia vs Thailand, I'm predicting 6-0 if Australia can adjust to the conditions here in Bangkok.

As for Australia vs Thailand, I'm predicting 6-0 if Australia can adjust to the conditions here in Bangkok.

A bit of a brave prediction there Lambous. :D The Aussies to win, yes, but 6-0, surely not. I 'm assuming that because you are posting at 2.45am, you've had a few amber nectars. :o

Singapore have knocked out Malaysia to reach what surely must be a final with Thailand.

After following both teams performance I would say that Singapore will have to play better if they hope to win the championship.

Sadly the game was decided on penalties, and it was the last penalty that gave the win to Singers.

Cant wait.

Congrats to Thailand on making the final. They've looked by far the most organised team in the competition - very disciplined and capable of adapting their game to suit their opponent. I like the look of the small lad on the right wing - Numnut, or something like that. Very sharp. He's like a Thai Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Singapore have knocked out Malaysia to reach what surely must be a final with Thailand.

After following both teams performance I would say that Singapore will have to play better if they hope to win the championship.

Sadly the game was decided on penalties, and it was the last penalty that gave the win to Singers.

Cant wait.

i was at the singapore-malaysia game.

best game i have been to at the National Stadium. I enjoyed it even more than watching Singapore beat Indonesia at the final last time around.

Unfortunately I will miss the 1st leg against Thailand due to work commitments.

Anyway beating Malaysia is better than winning the final. Shame it had to be on penalties but what the heck, it made for great entertainment for my son and I and the 54,998 others who were there.

ok the football is not of a particularly high standard but you can't fault the atmosphere. And its a cheap night out too

Edited by goldenmile

ok the football is not of a particularly high standard but you can't fault the atmosphere. And its a cheap night out too

I have really enjoyed watching the games ,great entertainment,,sadly I have not been to any of the games due to work .

Should be good down there at the National Stadium on Wednesday.

That Thai mascot they were showing at half time is hillarious. Looks like its going off tonight at the national stadium in singapore!

You,re not wrong.

It went off big time.....in fact the whole team went off to sulk for 15 minutes!

I wonder if Sheffield United could adopt this tactic when a poor call from the ref goes against them?

Amazing Thailand!

Even more amazing is that the officials did,nt send the lot off for refusing to play and hand the game to Singapore.

It was,nt a penalty and the ref is a Donkey,now get on with the game.

Singapore played well and it was an ok game up to the time it all went Ding Dong.

Says a lot about the Thai mind dont you think?

I,m glad I did,nt go.

Roll on Sunday night......It WILL be interesting.

(do you think that the same ref will play :o )

The penalty decision looked harsh but of course none of the Thai players or management can have had a look at a replay before having their sulk. And from the TV shots I've seen, it's not impossible the Thai player pulled the Singapore man down with him as he fell.

Even so, the ref's decision is final. You can complain about it afterwards but the Thai reaction here was pathetic.

The way the Thai players acted was an utter disgrace. Maybe the decision was a bit crap, but thats football!! Some decisions will go your way others won't, to walk off the pitch and sulk is absolutely pathetic. I was embarrased to be supporting them.

on seeing how ridiculous thai ppl predict the score,singapore won

SINGAPORE WON!!!

Singapore FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SINGAPORE WON!!!!!!!!!

DSC_0096%20Singapore%20Flag%20-%20800.jpg

yes, we did it!!! FAIR AND SQUARE. (something SOME people are not capable of)

Amidst all the unncessary abuse from most of the Thai Media and a faction of them uneducated Thais on various online forums hurling racial insults to our foreign born nationals and malicious accusations of bribery and what not...it feels so good to have the last laugh!

And that unruly Dusit Thonglao....pure ecstacy to see our wonderbwoy Amri paid him back BIG TIME for his childish headbutt. Tsk! and he did it so fresh and so clean!!! heeeee... :o

To all the naysayers... VICTORY IS OH SO SWEEEETTTTT!

Just got back from the game.

Thailand got what they deserved...nothing.

It was a poor game in my opinion. Firstly there were only like 10 singapore fans in the away area, so that kind of made it lame.

Then right from the get go the ref was calling every little bump as a foul, and in my opinion getting a bit carried away with the cards. In the end it just turned into a diving match.

Thai players had to be driven off the field 4 or 5 times on a stretcher only to jump back on the field right away.

The 2 goals were good, but i think there was more cheering when the ref. made a poor decision in Thailand's favor, than when a Thai player actually did something good.

And the most annoying part was a number of Thai fans at brought whistles while them, and would blow them while singapore were on the ball (which a couple of times did cause confusion)

But the icing on the cake when singapore won it was to a standing ovation of "Cheaters! Cheaters!".

Overall the quality of the players on both sides of the ball was fairly crap. It wasn't so much waiting for someone to produce something good, but more waiting for someone to randomly <deleted> up for no reason.