Laos Visa From Khon Kaen

According to me is 350 + 140 + 140 + 160 more than 690
I get the result: 790

However, I know it depends on what country you are coming from therfore a visa on arrival that also only take 10-15 min to get can be up to 42 USD which is for canadians.
If you are from USA or UK you will only have to pay 35 USD.

That will only buy the visa fee be 13 USD cheaper. Then you can also cut the taxi fees of 280 THB. If you go directly from MoChit to Nong Khai you can probably save around 50 THB on that too.

The result will be that you can get all for around 24 USD less if you are from USA or UK. If you are from another country it will still be cheaper to do the visa directly at the border.

16 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

why?  whats the purpose on stopping in KK? visa on arrival  $30-40 only.

1,600 baht ( $48)  is expensive

He is from Turkey which means he cannot get a visa on arrival for Laos.

He posted a topic this week when he discovered the Lao embassy in Bangkok was closed for a holiday. It was my suggestion he stop in KK for the visa on the way to Vientiane.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

why?  whats the purpose on stopping in KK? visa on arrival  $30-40 only.

1,600 baht ( $48)  is expensive

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

According to me is 350 + 140 + 140 + 160 more than 690
I get the result: 790

However, I know it depends on what country you are coming from therfore a visa on arrival that also only take 10-15 min to get can be up to 42 USD which is for canadians.
If you are from USA or UK you will only have to pay 35 USD.

That will only buy the visa fee be 13 USD cheaper. Then you can also cut the taxi fees of 280 THB. If you go directly from MoChit to Nong Khai you can probably save around 50 THB on that too.

The result will be that you can get all for around 24 USD less if you are from USA or UK. If you are from another country it will still be cheaper to do the visa directly at the border.

59 minutes ago, Danielsiam said:

I got it on the border for less than 20 minutes and pay just 30 $

I’m Turkish. Laos don’t have visa arrival for Turkish passport. Vietnam and Laos only 2 country in southeast asia have to make visa for Turkish passport.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

I’m Turkish. Laos don’t have visa arrival for Turkish passport. Vietnam and Laos only 2 country in southeast asia have to make visa for Turkish passport.

Okey! Then you do the only option you have. And if everything worked fine for you, what´s 24 USD? :smile:

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He is from Turkey which means he cannot get a visa on arrival for Laos.

He posted a topic this week when he discovered the Lao embassy in Bangkok was closed for a holiday. It was my suggestion he stop in KK for the visa on the way to Vientiane.

ahhhh BUT how would any of us know that?