Renewal of Australian passport

superglue

If you havwe a full valid passort you apply using the form online that you fill out and lodge.  You print this out.

You take this to the Embassy or outreach with the fee and your old passport and photos. They accept it and you collect it in a couple of weeks from the Embassy.  If not in Bangkok you can get it mailed express post but that is at your risk.

Once you have it take the cancelled old passport and the new one to immigration to transfer the stamps.

20 minutes ago, superglue said:

My passport is not due for renewal until Jan 2019.

The paperwork/procedure still baffles me.

Go to https://www.passports.gov.au/Pages/home.aspx

Click APPLY OR RENEW

Then tick the appropriate two boxes then "next."

Then, "eligible for renewal?" tick "yes" then next

Then at the bottom of the following page click  "Go to passport renewal application."

Next page click "login"

Next page enter current  passport no, click "next" and follow on.

Hope this helps

On 12/16/2017 at 10:02 AM, sceadugenga said:

They're a bit fussy about the age of photos, I'd get a new set done before you put your application in.

I had my new passport posted out to me without a problem.

(I kept a watchful eye on the mail box for a few days... :cool:)

They are very fussy about everything to do with the photos.  They did tell me that there is a photographer in an adjacent building who knew the requirements at Chiangmai.  

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The cannot accept applications but the embassy has outreaches where the application can be done.

That si correct.  However the Honorary onsul was present at the outreach I attended and knew of the place.  As I said the oP could ask the Honororary Consul for advise.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/10/2017 at 5:12 PM, harrry said:

If you havwe a full valid passort you apply using the form online that you fill out and lodge.  You print this out.

You take this to the Embassy or outreach with the fee and your old passport and photos. They accept it and you collect it in a couple of weeks from the Embassy.  If not in Bangkok you can get it mailed express post but that is at your risk.

Once you have it take the cancelled old passport and the new one to immigration to transfer the stamps.

Very easy procedure, as mentioned above, done it 3 times, the 'interview' at the embassy is very simple and the staff are very friendly and helpful, they will politely check if you need to take care of other matters before they cancel your existing passport (e.g. banking) to ensure no silly complications, all finished in 5 minutes.

Waiting time at embassy, for the 'interview' is usually 5 to 15 minutes, I always request the new passport to be be mailed to my home, every time received within about 5 working days. 

Archived