Where To Learn To Ride A Motorbike?

Wizzard of Oz

Look, driving the step-through semi-automatics like the Honda Dream is quite simple and if you can already ride a bicycle than you can master the basics in minutes. Many years ago I use to work with David at GT-Rider taking absolute novice riders, not David's type of rider so he left them to me, on day trips up into the hills. I rarely had anyone who had not mastered the basics by the time we left the pavement up in Mae Rim. Within two hours they were able to overcome, rather slowly mind you, some technical trail driving.

The key is very simple: in the beginning, go slow, go slow, go slow, and keep to the left side of the road. In the beginning you should not be going so fast as to need to worry about too much front brake, but best to get in the habit of using both brakes. Only experience will allow you to slowly integrate into the mainstream of the traffic, usually ony a few weeks at most.

So start with a step-through and then later decide if you want to advance to a standard motorcycle. But, IMHO, if you are thinking of eventually going for a standard motorcyle using a shifter and a clutch, then don't bother with the new fangled fully automatics.