UV Flashlight / Blacklight

hobz

Hi guys,

Living in Chiang mai, 

Looking for a UV (Blacklight) Flashlight that I want to use both in my garden to spot evil creatures at night and to spot bedbugs at home (and at hotels).

I've been to home pro, global house, thai watsadu. Nothing.

The lovely helpful staff at homepro hinted that maybe the stores on the north side of the moat that sell police uniforms, military uniforms and military/police equipment would have them. Nope. But they did have a bunch of cool flashlights and knives and stuff,,, everyone should check those places out,, cool stores! If you are driving on the north side of the moat going east,, they are after chang phuak gate,, and almost at the end of the north side going east.. on the left side of the road. There's 3 different stores that all sell police/military stuff. But not UV/Blacklights ... go figure..

Somebody said that BB-gun shops might have them,, so i will go around visiting BB-gun shops... but dont have time to visit them all at once...

If I can't find I have to order from China through lazada, and that takes around 3 weeks.... 

Bonus: anyone know a mobile shop that sells xiaomi or one plus brand smartphones in Chiang mai... dont want to order a phone over internet.. so much can go wrong... ASUS is a good budget brand that is available in chiang mai everywhere,, what i like about ASUS is that ASUS kind of supports rooting/unlocking your phone,, they have an unlocker available on the official website,, ofcourse it voids the warranty,,,, but still better than having to download shady rooting tools that could contain god knows what types of backdoors and stuff and could brick your phone..

Bonus 2: anyone know a store in chiang mai that has Z-wave devices? sensors? controllers?

• 8 months later...

Don't go for the Lazada/Gearbest stuff they call UV lamps/torch lights!
These lamps have a wave lenght of about 400 nm and aren't useful for your needs.
To detect scorpions, bugs, pee a.s.o. you need a wave length of 365 nm.
These torch lights are not cheap. The "Tank007 TK-566 3W UV LED 365" for example has a price between 70 to 100 US$.

Archived