Roadside restaurant prepares to welcome PM Prayut after winning Michelin

webfact

3 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

I went to one of these places with a Michelin star back home, paid a small fortune for a 5-course meal... and went to McDonald's after because I was still hungry!

No addictive stuff in, understandable.\You ARE what you eat. Mc is perverted food, last time eaten at the Bangkok airport, very close to throwing up.

Enjoy your burgers.

Edited by jenny2017

Visit by Michelin, awarded one star rating (first ever roadside restaurant to earn one in Thailand) and have to shut down within 2 months through loss of customers because of hugely exaggerated typos by the Nation.

Competition laughing their a$$s off, still serving average food.

Excellent, par for the course.........................:sad: Hope the Nation has the good will to correct those prices in their article.

Edited by chrisinth

One thing for sure she's not sinking any profit back in decor,

the place is most likely the same as when it opened,along 

with the equipment, if there are people stupid enough to pay

those prices,good luck to her.

regards worgeordie

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

She said that several high-profile figures were already among her customers, including HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn.

9 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

regards worgeordie

Have to agree 

So whats a couple of Blue Swimmer crabs here worth (I'm sure thats all I see fresh in the shops )

13 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

She said that several high-profile figures were already among her customers, including HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn.

There are other places like that in Bangkok - look like your average no frills eatery, but with a steady stream of expensive cars waiting for takeaway or visiting VIP and HiSo. Granted, not all charge these sort of prices, but if she can swing it and customers are willing to pay...

30 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Have to agree 

So whats a couple of Blue Swimmer crabs here worth (I'm sure thats all I see fresh in the shops )

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Hype.

Not a lot of difference from turning a garden shed into a non-existent restaurant in London and gaining No.1 status on Trip Advisor, serve people £1 frozen meals from Iceland and watch the fools try to get in. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/434gqw/i-made-my-shed-the-top-rated-restaurant-on-tripadvisor

Michelin guides have changed over the years and many of the restaurants gaining the top accolades are worthy of it. However, what has changed is this tendency to include restaurants for the sheer gimmickry. Seen it in London and the thought going through my mind on trying some of these places (on expenses) was " you're having a laugh" What was that place in Bangkok that used to hurl roast chicken into the air to be caught by the spike on the waiter's helmet? Now that was fun and a lot cheaper than this nonsense.