Road to nowhere - except a very badly damaged car...

webfact

Road to nowhere - except a very badly damaged car...

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

An incorrectly placed ramp on a busy Bangkok street has caused many motorists to drive headlong into a field of flowers.

The latest "accident" on the Kaset - Nawamin road shows a car nose down after driving left off the main road.

A break in the roadside barrier, and a ramp over the footpath fools the unwary into believing that there is in fact a side road - but all that awaits drivers is a drop of many feet.

Locals said that it has happened lots of times but nothing has been done.

The area is in front of the Satree Withaya 2 school and has been planted with flowers and is a popular spot for visitors to Bangkok and locals to take pictures.

Wannida Jiangphaisankun of the Lat Prao administration was contacted by Daily News Online after the latest picture caused much comment on the internet.

Wannida blamed the Highway's Department for the design and said that her office had contacted them to hurry up and put it right.

Daily News said in a comment plastered across the picture of the car: "Don't lose concentration - your life will change if you make the wrong turning".

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-08

Yep, that is pretty deceptive road design.... But someone would have to be a complete and total idiot to drive over the edge - its quite astonishing how trusting some are that they will continue driving on without confirmation from their eyes that the road is there !!!....

A perfect and worrying example of the standards of inattention on the roads.

Edited by richard_smith237

The driver is 100% wrong. No construction taking place. How fast do you have to be going to turn up this ramp and not notice the lack of a road and not be able to stop in time. Especially as it is obviously a "road" the driver has never turned into before. Should have used more caution. Just because there is a gap in the kerb does not mean there is a road. Perhaps it is for cyclists, the disabled or even just there for a future road build. Perhaps there is no reason for it to be there but still the drivers fault. 

They don't think , they are always in the right

You just have to be driving along a straight road & they expect you to get out of the way if they need to go around a motor bike or a puddle

I've liturally had them within an inch of me & had my mirror clipped once before 

They just keep going until your side swiped or ect 

17 hours ago, BEVUP said:

They don't think , they are always in the right

You just have to be driving along a straight road & they expect you to get out of the way if they need to go around a motor bike or a puddle

I've liturally had them within an inch of me & had my mirror clipped once before

They just keep going until your side swiped or ect

Yep had the same thing , clean car coming towards me then suddenly veers round a pothole with water in . Just a reaction , car clean puddle ; puddle clean car , swerve .

Accident , my fault for being out on the road that day , driver's fault for washing his car or a fault with the weather for putting rain in a pothole ?