Thaksin Gives Live Interview To CNN

george

Ousted prime minister gives live interview to CNN

SINGAPORE: -- Deposed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra will give live interview to CNN from Singapore tonight at 7pm.

Thaksin will be interviewed for four minutes on the CNN's World Business Programme.

It will be the first time that Thaksin speaks publicly to the media since his ouster.

--The Nation 2007-01-15

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ousted prime minister gives live interview to CNN

SINGAPORE: -- Deposed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra will give live interview to CNN from Singapore tonight at 7pm.

Thaksin will be interviewed for four minutes on the CNN's World Business Programme.

It will be the first time that Thaksin speaks publicly to the media since his ouster.

--The Nation 2007-01-15

I guess that means CNN will be blacked out in TH during the interview...?

Well CNN lists on my EPG as 1 hour of world business... But they made a big point of 'in asia.. we switch to world sport' !!

Now its just regurgated sports..

Do I need to get my tin foil hat out ??

Edited by LivinLOS

And.... cnn.com not opening right now (but that could be local thanks to True).

I think you are unfortuantely right LivinLOS!

Such a loss, as leaders do the same as what Taxhim has done for several years.

Maybe somebody outside of Thailand can record it and post it on YouTube posting link here? (in case we can not see it in LOS).

Well CNN lists on my EPG as 1 hour of world business... But they made a big point of 'in asia.. we switch to world sport' !!

Now its just regurgated sports..

Do I need to get my tin foil hat out ??

Enough is enough : Thaksin

Ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has vowed not to re-enter politics, saying "enough is enough."

Speaking publicly for the first time since his ousting, Thaksin told CNN that he would like to return to Thailand as a private citizen.

"After six years in politics, it is time for me to be normal citizens, outside political arena. Enough is enough," Thaksin said during brief interview with CNN from Singapore.

He dismissed suggestion that he was behind the New Year's Eve bombings in Bangkok and surrounding areas that resulted in the death of three people.

Thaksin called on the authorities to bring the culprit to justice and expressed sympathy with those who suffered from the bombings.

"I came from election. I came from the people," said Thaksin, described the bombings as "stupid".

--The Nation 2007-01-15

"I came from election. I came from the people," said Thaksin, described the bombings as "stupid".

you resigned ................................................................................

Ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has vowed not to re-enter politics, saying "enough is enough."

Speaking publicly for the first time since his ousting, Thaksin told CNN that he would like to return to Thailand as a private citizen.

"After six years in politics, it is time for me to be normal citizens, outside political arena. Enough is enough," Thaksin said during brief interview with CNN from Singapore.

He dismissed suggestion that he was behind the New Year's Eve bombings in Bangkok and surrounding areas that resulted in the death of three people.

Thaksin called on the authorities to bring the culprit to justice and expressed sympathy with those who suffered from the bombings.

--The Nation 2007-01-15

This inability to pronounce the letter R correctly can be

amusing , can't it?

This inability to pronounce the letter R correctly can be

amusing , can't it?

very droll ....................... :o

edited to drag the quote forward now we're on a new page

Edited by Mid

--The Nation 2007-01-15

So knowing Thaksin says things 180 degrees from the truth on more occasions than not....

why is he so concerned about not getting air time?

--The Nation 2007-01-15

So knowing Thaksin says things 180 degrees from the truth on more occasions than not....

why is he so concerned about not getting air time?

Probably because he is being accused of the bombings???

There is a transcript of the interview on the CNN website. But i can't help thinking it would have been longer than this.

Replying to allegations of involvement in bombings

Shinawatra: It's baseless allegations. No one believes so. Because everyone knows who is, who am I. I come from election, I come from the people. I owe gratitude to our people. I do everything for the good of the country and the people. I don't do something that's stupid.

There is a transcript of the interview on the CNN website. But i can't help thinking it would have been longer than this.

Replying to allegations of involvement in bombings

Shinawatra: It's baseless allegations. No one believes so. Because everyone knows who is, who am I. I come from election, I come from the people. I owe gratitude to our people. I do everything for the good of the country and the people. I don't do something that's stupid.

like I said 180 degrees from the truth.

"It's baseless allegations. No one believes so. Because everyone knows who is, who am I. I come from election, I come from the people. I owe gratitude to our people. I do everything for the good of the country and the people."

"No one believes I was behind the bombings" - how many people did he ask?

"I come from election" - while my party is about to be dissolved for electoral fraud and the EC has even been jailed for it.

"I do everything for the good of the country" - like hiding assets to avoid paying taxes.

There's not a sincere word in that paragraph.

"It's baseless allegations. No one believes so. Because everyone knows who is, who am I. I come from election, I come from the people. I owe gratitude to our people. I do everything for the good of the country and the people."

"No one believes I was behind the bombings" - how many people did he ask?

"I come from election" - while my party is about to be dissolved for electoral fraud and the EC has even been jailed for it.

"I do everything for the good of the country" - like hiding assets to avoid paying taxes.

There's not a sincere word in that paragraph.

This is why I really hate the T#at!!!

Well there may be some truth about not wanting to be in politics again now that he has had a taste of dictatorship. Why be a politician when you can be a dictator.

I read there is a small country that is just off the coast of England just outside of territorial waters he can buy. I think it consists of a small island and two watch towers. It even has its own currency and passports.

Not only the interview was unavailable/blocked off in Thailand, but I for one, cannot access the cnn.com (without a proxy) as well. So here it is...

Transcript: Thaksin Shinawatra interview

SINGAPORE (CNN) -- CNN's Dan Rivers spoke to ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. The following is a transcript of the interview. Rivers began by asking Shinawatra about his alleged involvement in New Year bombings in Bangkok.

Rivers: So you had no involvement.

Shinawatra: Not involvement at all. But I would like to express my deep sympathy, deepest sympathy for those who lose, lost their loved ones and also all those who are injured. And the individuals who are involved must be brought to justice.

Rivers: This is the first time you've spoken since the coup of September the 19th, first of all, you were in the United States, in New York at the U.N., when this happened, how did you find out that this was going on?

Shinawatra: Well I find out just about four, five hours before, before it happened, but I trying to get into the television station but it's very difficult at that time I cannot get into it until I can get into channel 9 briefly, but you know, which I, it's a rumors at that time but I don't believe that this can happen again in the 21st century.

Rivers: So it was surprise when it happened?

Shinawatra: It's very surprise because you know, but anyway 70 years in Thailand, 17 coup happened is very unfortunate but it's, it's an event that happened here in Thailand.

Rivers: Will you go back to, back to politics?

Shinawatra: No. No. (DR: Go back as a private ... ) Enough is enough. Six years you serve the countries. You been working hard. You sacrifice your time even your life. And, even your family life. So it's, it's time for me to go back as a private citizen. And contribute to the Thai society outside political arena.