Several DTAC mobile customers receive THB461 trillion phone bills

snoop1130

Several DTAC mobile customers receive THB461 trillion phone bills

By Coconuts Bangkok

trgfgjh.JPG

Several users of DTAC, the giant Thai mobile service provider, had their phone numbers suspended yesterday because, apparently, they hadn’t paid their THB461 trillion phone bills. For those doing math at home, that works out to about US$14.1 trillion.

After the major system malfunction, several netizens took to DTAC’s Facebook page to leave sarcastic, ruthless messages to the phone network. Several also shared screenshots of their online phone accounts showing that they were indeed billed THB461 trillion.

“I can’t make calls. My number is suspended because my phone bill is this much. How many land plots and stocks do I have to sell to pay this off? Does this amount include the calls I made in the previous life?” one Facebook user wrote.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/several-dtac-mobile-customers-receive-thb461-trillion-phone-bills/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-12-8

Another affected customer also hilariously started a thread on forum Pantip (which is like Reddit for Thais), asking if someone could lend her THB461 trillion to pay off the phone bill.”

I really must get another dictionary, as my current one has a definition of hilarious that mentions being funny. 

Well its great to know they were quick to catch the culprit.

“DTAC apologizes for inconvenience after the system that displays the phone balance malfunctioned. This does not affect the billing whatsoever. Customers can make outgoing calls as per usual,” the statement reads.

It was the system! I always thought the system didn't think for itself, but is feed the information by an individual? I hope the system is severely reprimanded.

11 hours ago, bill1369 said:

What a country of frigging buffoons running things........ Words fail me. I suppose Thailand 4.0 will be be immeasurably better!!

It happens in other countries as well, not just in Thailand.

NOBODY is perfect, not even me.

On 09/12/2017 at 12:08 AM, bill1369 said:

What a country of frigging buffoons running things........ Words fail me. I suppose Thailand 4.0 will be be immeasurably better!!

Apparently words did not fail you, you're attempt at a Thai bash,  however, did. 

I can understand large errors, and automatic notifications.  But they should never ever take automatic drastic actions against people.  Any disconnection or suspension of service should and must be checked by humans and signed off by a manager.  Computers will make mistakes, but they can't be allowed to interfere with people's lives so easily.  Many people are traveling, or have medical issues that need them to be in constant phone or text or other connectivity.