Video: Thais tricked by "farang" roadside con man

rooster59

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He was preying on the good nature - and gullibility - of the Thai public.

5555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555 at least he's not pushing any Thais off a balcony to earn some money  

Edited by Lupatria

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Message to the loser of 100THB:

Welcome to the house that Jack built. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I could understand it if Thais were honest but they aren't. but if the biter gets bit, there's hell to pay. Sorry mate, if you're one of the very few honest Thais then I sympathise, otherwise sod off and take your grumbling with you. Som nam na.

Lessons to be learned:
If you create a kleptocracy or allow one to be created around you, then don't cry like a baby when you get swindled.
If you allow your police force to be 'Thai-style' useless appendages, then don't cry like a baby when you get swindled and the swindler gets away with it.
If you sit still while Thai people rape your country, than don't cry like a baby when a foreigner rips you off.
If you allow the dregs of foreign society to come to Thailand and join the dregs of the world, then don't cry like a baby when you get swindled.
Would you open your wallet so close that a Thai could grab your money? I doubt it. Not smart.

Clear enough? And while we're at it... have you got a genuine drivers license? If not, then your crookedness if OK but the foreign swindler's isn't?

Waaay too many tossers.

A little harsh my friend - if one is in Thailand and one does this then one has to understand the repurcussions. I love this country and before I ever stooped as low as this guy I would have bought a ticket home. Every foreignor visiting a country like this are at the welcoming and behest of that country so no surprise if they crack down on this I have no problem with losers out - too many foreign scroungers around these days. I am not saying the thais are perfect but we generally choose our downfalls!

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Yeah, Thanks for that mate. Your low life behaviour now has another million or so Thais thinking that all farang are scum like you, and all for the sake of a lousy 100 baht. Go home you cheap turd.

Bit strong for you who was this the answer to?

The place has changed so much its every one for themselves these days, so expect the unexpected. Me I do not care what Thailand thinks of me anymore, given up on the place as I see to many scams by all nationals. It seems to be the place to go to from every country in the world if you are a scammer, My god they even have Chinese boiler rooms there these days. Once Stunningly Beautiful but that was a long time Now a Scammers heaven. That is what happens when law enforcement is run by the biggest scammers of them all.

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Yeah, Thanks for that mate. Your low life behaviour now has another million or so Thais thinking that all farang are scum like you, and all for the sake of a lousy 100 baht. Go home you cheap turd.

Cheap? Who thinks he only does it once a day?  Could be a nice little earner for him.  Eight hours work, 200 baht of gas in the bike and 30 or 40 suckers.  Grand Theft Auto.

This year Thai 'friends' of 8 years took 50,000 baht from my room while I was in hospital and this afternoon another friend stole my mobile phone as she left, this one a 6 year friend and I gave her 5000 baht as she told me she was in the shit and moving apartment, I don't have the new address and she has moved, swindling another too who lived in her block.

This guy lost 100 baht.............. I hope he can somehow get over such a loss........... I lost so many contacts... 100 baht.... This is news??? 

7 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

Showed the clip to my GF. Reaction - No! He is not Farang he is Arab - Turkey.

Thais call everybody who is not Thai or Asian "Farang". I have lived here over 10 years and I have never heard Thais call Arabs any other name except "Farang". Most Thais, with the exception of Pattaya bargirls and 'singers' wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a Turk and a French. The guy who lost 100baht called him "Farang". Some people on TV suddenly know more than him. Lol.

I am a Muppet as much as the next guy but I never normally whine about it and it doesn't usually make the news - 100 THB - 2 UK pounds 3 USD is it worth whining about and having a face book witch-hunt? I am sure there are many people scamming foreigners the authorities could also act upon? However we are where we are and it is certainly something that is not in my agenda to scam my hosts in this country - I just wouldn't like to be that dude when they catch up with him :(  

20 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

This massive scam could shake the tourist industry and cause major repercussions in the police department.

I hope the Thai man recovers from the loss of all that money.

come or ratcatcher this is not a organised racket. one odd case will not tarnish the image of tourism and impact the police department in any tangible way.

On 12/9/2017 at 10:56 AM, seminomadic said:

He's not farang. Turks are not farang. He's kaek. Kaek kao to be more specific.

Interesting. The world falang is a colloquialism generally applied to Europeans. Kaek is commonly used to describe people of Indian or Arabic origin.

Since large parts of Turkey are in Asia and others are in Europe and we don't know which (if any) region of Turkey this man came from how he properly should be described is a moot point.

Never mind - you can't always have your kaek and eat it.

5 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

Yes, have been unable to buy the rose colored glasses a lot seem to have. 

Assuming you're not Thai, I'd guess you tossed your rose colored glasses leaving the country you travel/moved from. Time you did this again?

1 hour ago, johnhw said:

Assuming you're not Thai, I'd guess you tossed your rose colored glasses leaving the country you travel/moved from. Time you did this again?

I actually had none in my country. I bought them to come here. Unfortunately soon got shattered here.

Edited by Dazinoz

19 hours ago, SoulWater said:

I am a Muppet as much as the next guy but I never normally whine about it and it doesn't usually make the news - 100 THB - 2 UK pounds 3 USD is it worth whining about and having a face book witch-hunt? I am sure there are many people scamming foreigners the authorities could also act upon? However we are where we are and it is certainly something that is not in my agenda to scam my hosts in this country - I just wouldn't like to be that dude when they catch up with him :(  

100B to most thais is allot of money, you need to keep in mind most Thais only make 300B a day.  Also, social media has changed everything, people post pictures of food, so why not post a scam when you find one.

As for the news publishing this, you should know by now anything to make an expat look bad is going to make it into the news somehow. 

In Brazil if someone asks for a handout that's what they'll do: take the money and be gone immediately.

No sort of 'thank you' will be offered.  And generally they're not shy about asking: I no longer eat at sidewalk cafes, anywhere, as I don't want people coming up and asking me for some of what I'm eating.

On 9/12/2017 at 1:14 PM, bluesofa said:

'RTP rapid response unit' Isn't that an oxymoron?

No, there are rapid response units at most police stations.  The response is :

1. Get the report.

2. Form a committee.

3. Decide on the chances of extracting “tea money” from any party involved.

4. Estimate the effort involved.

5. Decide if the effort is worth the reward.

6. Mobilize or go back to watching TV/phone.