Superpoll: US Nationals most happy in Thailand and foreigners think Prayut is doing better than the Thais

rooster59

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

figures don't lie...liars figure!

no hypothesis, no statement of report and obviously no record of respondents surveyed either..anonymous poll result.. designed to increase the 'feel good' for certain quarters!!!

carry on Boys!!!

most folks here either live or lived here in the past because thailand is still a great country no matter what compare to its neighbors. Yes its getting expensive, but so is everywhere else. Thailand still has a good balance of everything cheap to expensive - food, travel, shopping, etc.

28 minutes ago, mike324 said:

most folks here either live or lived here in the past because thailand is still a great country no matter what compare to its neighbors. Yes its getting expensive, but so is everywhere else. Thailand still has a good balance of everything cheap to expensive - food, travel, shopping, etc.

Excellent post.

On 12/9/2017 at 2:44 PM, sjaak327 said:

Stable government ? An illegal government you mean. The stability is ensured because of a barrel of a gun and no oversight at all. Yeah right. Things are not a whole lot better, but what do you know, you just live in your expat bubble, for as long as they allow you to be in the country. 

From what I can see my Thai girlfriend and her family doesn't seem to be much affected in any way by whomever is the leader in Thailand. Then again she lives in a small village, not a big city. 

I haven't lived in Thailand for a very long time, but to me Prayut seems ok-ish as well. I will live in Thailand permanently next year and I wouldn't mind if the junta in it's current form would stay for a long time. It seems in some ways better than the fake democracy I see in my home country (The Netherlands) these days.

Edited by wolf81

56 minutes ago, wolf81 said:

From what I can see my Thai girlfriend and her family doesn't seem to be much affected in any way by whomever is the leader in Thailand. Then again she lives in a small village, not a big city. 

I haven't lived in Thailand for a very long time, but to me Prayut seems ok-ish as well. I will live in Thailand permanently next year and I wouldn't mind if the junta in it's current form would stay for a long time. It seems in some ways better than the fake democracy I see in my home country (The Netherlands) these days.

what fake democracy are you talking about ? So you think a leader that has no mandate, is above the law and suspends basic human rights right left and center is better than a government that is elected by the people ?

And you are from the Netherlands ? Oh my god. 

I wonder how many got arrested for giving the wrong answer?

... could have been a great money (Fines) spinner

Has anybody actually seen the questions?

Like, was it a Yes/No, Long Answer, or multi-guess?

Edited by tifino

Smart choice....it would be rather stupid for a farang in Thailand to start to openly rant against the governance in public....we are all big mouth brave <deleted> behind our computers, but it would be suicidal to say about just half of what is said here,  in public in Thailand !!!...In fact I would also be cautious on social media on what is said politically....enjoy, stay safe  and the golden rule...mind your own business on Thai politics !

2 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

what fake democracy are you talking about ? So you think a leader that has no mandate, is above the law and suspends basic human rights right left and center is better than a government that is elected by the people ?

hey sjaak heb jij hem dat horloge soms geleend???

5 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

With fake democracy I mean:

- party discipline is used to obstruct parliament members for voting differently in highly ethical issues.

- the government often loses paper trails in many important judicial cases - so often that I doubt it's coincidence.

- the government ignored the Dutch vote on European issues 3 times.

- the government actually hates the referenda legislation they introduced themselves so much now that they've decided to quickly repeal this law, preventing Dutch citizens to vote against new laws in the future. 

- in the end, no matter what a politician in The Netherlands says or promises, in the end it's always the EU rulings that followed.

Yes, we can vote for a government every 4 years. And after we've voted for some parties on whatever they promise during the elections, in the end they will follow through with whatever the EU wants. So voting has become pointless. 

I realise basic human rights are worse in Thailand. No country is perfect. But if you have money you can have more freedom in Thailand than in The Netherlands.

Edited by wolf81

3 hours ago, wolf81 said:

With fake democracy I mean:

- party discipline is used to obstruct parliament members for voting differently in highly ethical issues.

- the government often loses paper trails in many important judicial cases - so often that I doubt it's coincidence.

- the government ignored the Dutch vote on European issues 3 times.

- the government actually hates the referenda legislation they introduced themselves so much now that they've decided to quickly repeal this law, preventing Dutch citizens to vote against new laws in the future. 

- in the end, no matter what a politician in The Netherlands says or promises, in the end it's always the EU rulings that followed.

Yes, we can vote for a government every 4 years. And after we've voted for some parties on whatever they promise during the elections, in the end they will follow through with whatever the EU wants. So voting has become pointless. 

I realise basic human rights are worse in Thailand. No country is perfect. But if you have money you can have more freedom in Thailand than in The Netherlands.

As a foreigner you most definitely are not more free in Thailand. You will always be a second rate citizen.

As to the referendum, it was never binding, and to take the Ukrane referendum as an example, the turnout was so low that following the referendum would have been undemocratic. There should have been a minimum turnout requirement of at least 75% of the elligible electorate for such a referendum to be even considered. 

I have nothing against referendums, but without turnout requirements they make no sense.

As to your point on party politics and discipline, logical as the MP did not get there on his own, he was voted in on the party program, if MP all follow their own agenda, even though they did not get votes on their agenda, the country would be ungovernable.

Edited by sjaak327

16 hours ago, outsider said:

831 people is representative of Americans, European, Chinese and Asians. Wow... Just... WOW!

A poll is a sampling of people.  Not every single person.  Typically, they determine a sample size that would be hopefully representative of the entire population.  831 isn't bad.  And all polls have margins of errors.  Some more than others.

14 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

are ALL these surveys only done on sukumvit road?

i was asked once for a survey at Silom center, by a bunch of cute thai uni students,  but it was years ago

I did a survey with them coming out of Central World. 5-6 years ago.  Hard to say no to some cute students! LOL

There is this thing called being polite towards your host.  You normally do not give your host a failing mark while you are at their home. Ask them when they have returned home and you might get a different answer... A mark of 5+ is not something to be proud of...