Job opportunities

Velvet12

Hey again

I know I already have a post up regarding hotel work but I’m wondering if anyone also knows other jobs/companies (other than teaching) in Bangkok that are willing to take on native English speakers?

any call centre work for sales/customer service where you don’t need to speak Thai?

any companies that need admin type support?

any useful hints/tips/connections for getting work?

I’ve been doing a lot of my own research and at the moment it seems that I’m not looking in the right places.

many thanks

Perhaps trawl the internet and collect a list of foreigners (westerners I’m guessing) working in senior roles in Bangkok, preferably in areas where you would be a nice fit. Send an email or phone them. Hard work but you might just find one who is looking for someone or who knows someone else who is. 

Its a a tough task outside of the usual English teacher or, god forbid, boiler room scammer. Thailand doesn’t really want foreigners unless they are in senior roles.

40 minutes ago, Velvet12 said:

Thanks for this. Do you happen to know of any to get me started?

Sorry, I'm not acquainted with Bangkok or people that work there. I'm wondering if LinkedIn

has a facility to search by location? ... you could look through Bangkok based westerners. Or go to Asia Books and have a look through the local business magazines ... they sometimes list top 30 foreigners operating in Bangkok, and some appear on the back pages of the society magazines ... many of whom are very well connected. You might just get lucky. Also, try Google ... the British Council have a job for a Sales & Customer Management person, Bangkok based. The InterNations website might be good ... join it and you have access to people based in Bangkok from around the world, you are sure to find some contacts there. 

The key is to spend time building up a network of contacts and working them ... "do you know if anyone is looking for ..." type of thing. You'd be surprised how helpful people can be.

Craigslist Bangkok has some good ones every now and then. 

There are quite a few Facebook pages / groups devoted to jobs that foreigners can do. Try searching for variations of the keywords "job", "Bangkok", "Thailand" and you'll be sure to find them. 

Recruitment consultants also sometimes have their own job listings. Off the top of my head I can think of Adecco, Cowan and Monroe.

Property agencies in the main cities also sometimes hire foreigners. 

Archived