Cambodia Trip

Lucky33

I made a motorcycle trip from Pattaya to Sihanoukville, Cambodia last week and I thought that I would put up a few photos from the trip. The bike is a Honda CB650F and I have it fitted with a set of Hepco and Becker panniers. For me it's a 600 kilometer, ten hour trip and I usually spend the night halfway in either Koh Kong on the way down or Trat on the way back. Immigration is a breeze, all you need are your passport and a green book with a bike in your name and they pass you through customs with no problems. The first couple of photos are from a small store and the road from Koh Kong to Sihanoukville. 

2river.jpg

3reststop.jpg

4road.jpg

5 minutes ago, Lucky33 said:

And here are a couple of photos of the beach in Sihanoukville around the hotel and some monkeys that were always playing around there. 

5hotelbeach.jpg

6water.jpg

7monkeys.jpg

Planning a trip there sometime soon.

How long is the bike allowed in for? Laos you are lucky to get 2 weeks. I am planning a longer trip.

4 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Planning a trip there sometime soon.

How long is the bike allowed in for? Laos you are lucky to get 2 weeks. I am planning a longer trip.

They always give me 30 days but I usually only stay a week or ten days. The only thing that you have to do in Cambodia is have a switch on your bike so that you can cover your headlight during the day or have some tape you can put over the headlight. Having your headlight on during the day is illegal in Cambodia, go figure :smile:.

Almost missed your report, thanks very much for the info, always good to get up-to-date info. Still have a few months to do this, we couldn't go up until now as I arrived on a 3 months single entry visa. Should be able to get my proper 12 month ME visa next week and plan a trip.

We will stick the bike on my pickup here in Khon Kaen and leave it at a hotel I know in Trat, then ride.

Looks really good, so thanks for the posting Lucky.

Archived