Work permit and visa info

Hi guys

I know it's done to death but please bare with me.

A mate of mine has his company registered and now wants to get his wp.

He is currently on a retirement visa and has been out of the country twice during the past year.

He has been told that he needs to now leave country again to change to a D visa in order to get his wp sorted?

Can he leave again or is the two exits he has already done his limit for the year?

He was out in January and again in April to get his retirement visa.

Also how come he has to leave again to get a D visa, is there no way to get his wp and stay in country?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I presume you mean a non-B visa. 

Yes, he needs to leave an apply for the non-B abroad. 

To get it in nearby consulate he needs a WP3 document that he has applied for a work permit. 

I'm little confused as he went out in April for his non-O visa based on retirement, is he on one year extension of stay from immigration as his 90 day entry stamp is well overdue. 

If he's on extension of stay some labour offices require you to leave and enter on tourist visa or visa exempt stamp to let you apply for work permit. 

The two entries per calendar year only applies for visa exempt entry and only at land borders. 

There is no D visa. There is a non immigrant B (aka non-b) visa for business and working.

Does he have a non-oa visa issued by an embassy or consulate or a one year extension of stay based upon retirement applied for at immigration.

He will need a work permit application approval letter from the labor ministry to apply for a non-b visa at a nearby embassy or consulate. He may have to get a tourist visa and enter using it to apply for the work permit since most work permit offices will not accept the application if on a visa or extension based upon retirement.

There is no limit on the number of entries that can be done if you have a valid visa for entry.

He originally was doing border runs every 90 days then he did his last run and converted to a retirement visa back in April.
He now wants to get back working as a consultant for his own company so will need to leave country to get the correct visa to apply for wp is that correct?
Thanks again guys for help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, irlguy1 said:

He originally was doing border runs every 90 days then he did his last run and converted to a retirement visa back in April.
He now wants to get back working as a consultant for his own company so will need to leave country to get the correct visa to apply for wp is that correct?
Thanks again guys for help

He apparently applied for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration (it is not a visa).

He needs to check with the work permit office where he is living to find out if they will accept a work permit application while he is on an extension based upon retirement. If not he will have to leave the country without a re-entry permit to apply for a tourist visa in order to apply for the work permit.

As said before in this topic he will need the work permit application done before he can apply for the non-b visa at a nearby embassy or consulate.