Bringing Dogs To The Us

I am moving back to the States in August and will be bringing my two little yorkies with me. This past week when I took them to the vet the vet stated that we have to get a certification letter for them. She said the certification of health will cost 30,000 baht per dog. Does anybody know if this is right?

From what I've read on about it from the US government site, all they need is proof the dogs have been vaccinated in English. Is this right?

If anybody has experience doing this, I would much appreciate learning about your experience. I really don't want to spend that much money since I have so many other expenses to incur during my relocation back to the States.

Thank you.

I am moving back to the States in August and will be bringing my two little yorkies with me. This past week when I took them to the vet the vet stated that we have to get a certification letter for them. She said the certification of health will cost 30,000 baht per dog. Does anybody know if this is right?

From what I've read on about it from the US government site, all they need is proof the dogs have been vaccinated in English. Is this right?

If anybody has experience doing this, I would much appreciate learning about your experience. I really don't want to spend that much money since I have so many other expenses to incur during my relocation back to the States.

Thank you.

I have a friend who is taking her dog back to the US with her in a month & was amazed at how easy it was. I don't know all the details, but if you pm me with your email address, I'll get her to contact you & tell you what's involved. Otherwise, maybe try Soi Dog Rescue for info. They export dogs to USA fairly regularly

if 30,000 baht per dog can avoid wasting your time to heading around, then do it.

otherwise, the governmental requirements of exporting dogs/cats from thailand are:

- contact phuket animal quarantine office 7 days before jorney (check with your depart airport if any difference)

- a copy of the passport of an owner

- a copy of animals book (which records dog's health and vacc, issued by ay recoganized vet)

- rabies vaccination 30 days before the departure (will have a label of batch number stick on the book)

- microship or tatoo

- test report (blood)

- the animal(s) to by exported must be inspected for health condition, during the last few days (i assume it should be not more than 7 days ??? pls check) right before export, by a veterinary officer at the Animal Quarantine

- receive license (Ro.9) and health certificate (will be issued after the health check at the quarantine office)

- export fee: 50 baht each

for saving 60,000 baht, you have to:

- bring your dogs to an offical recognized vet (check is any special requirement from US) for: >30 days vacc; microchip; blood test

- to book your flight which contains air supply cargo and allows animal transporting (direct flight if possible)

- bring your dogs to animal quarantine office few days before depart for: health check; receiving health certificate

- any other additional requirement for US side

• 3 months later...
if 30,000 baht per dog can avoid wasting your time to heading around, then do it.

otherwise, the governmental requirements of exporting dogs/cats from thailand are:

- contact phuket animal quarantine office 7 days before jorney (check with your depart airport if any difference)

- a copy of the passport of an owner

- a copy of animals book (which records dog's health and vacc, issued by ay recoganized vet)

- rabies vaccination 30 days before the departure (will have a label of batch number stick on the book)

- microship or tatoo

- test report (blood)

- the animal(s) to by exported must be inspected for health condition, during the last few days (i assume it should be not more than 7 days ??? pls check) right before export, by a veterinary officer at the Animal Quarantine

- receive license (Ro.9) and health certificate (will be issued after the health check at the quarantine office)

- export fee: 50 baht each

for saving 60,000 baht, you have to:

- bring your dogs to an offical recognized vet (check is any special requirement from US) for: >30 days vacc; microchip; blood test

- to book your flight which contains air supply cargo and allows animal transporting (direct flight if possible)

- bring your dogs to animal quarantine office few days before depart for: health check; receiving health certificate

- any other additional requirement for US side

I recently help a a client with his dog clearance.It went pretty well just paid 50 each and have them examined by the animal quarantine official in about 30 mins we got the certificate. The requirments:

photocopy of your passport

your pet's health record

microchip number

health certificate signed by the vet

I thik it is best to fly with Thai airways no hassle for you just present this certificates when you check in and declare it as your excess baggage cost THB265 per kilo including the cage.BTW i work for a company that handles pet moving maybe I can help.