90 Day online reporting now impossible

For the past 2 days i have tried in vain to do my online 90 day report , in  the past 8 times have all been successful , today i find it's impossible to as follows : 

Using Internet explorer i open the 90 day online reporting page as normal and start as normal to fill in Step 1 .

Passport No 

Name 

Given Name 

DOB

Nationality 

Arrival card No 

Arrival Date 

Arrived by 

Flight No 

All easy so far 

Then it says enter CAPTCHA , but it does not show any Captcha to enter , when you try and reload the Captcha nothing happens , i would be pleased to hear from other members if they have experienced this new flaw or how to rectify it.

xx.png

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure why that happens sometimes on the site. Just try again later and it should be working again.

Just checked before writing this post and it is still not working.

It's very frustrating , so easy to do online but as you say there are often problems , then have to spend a half a day doing it in person , why on earth cant they get this problem sorted out  

• Haha 2

It is never going to work if they keep using old software. XP is outdated and not supported any more. Plus it is very vulnerable to viruses and malwere. Windows 10 is so much more advanced than XP. The computers they use are likely outdated as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had a similar experience two days ago but managed to use the CAPTCHA OK. It was when I clicked on the 'Submit' button that it was rejected, as per intermittent experience of the past. I did have a run of 12 months' luck with it a year ago so perhaps I should count myself fortunate. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Nonsense

It has worked for many people until the last few days.

So how long is it taking to process these online applications now? When I did them previously, they were approved the next day. But I hear they have added another step to the process, approval by the local office and now the process takes a lot longer.

5 minutes ago, Dan5 said:

But I hear they have added another step to the process, approval by the local office and now the process takes a lot longer.

The have always been approved by the local office. Some offices process them within hours while others take longer.

Hi :wai:

It depends on if the local office look it up, last time I report online, it pending in 15 days, I told them on the immigration ( Nong Khai ) that I try online, and they answered : No online. No more explanation, the case closed. :wai:

I have tried many times over the last 3 years with no sucess. I forked out on a 5000B printer for this purpose alone and have never been able to use it for that purpose.

Such a badly run governing body. They would never survive in the private sector. Sackings all around. 

How difficult to find a competant IT person? Oh I forgot, this is Thailand, competences is not taught in schools here.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Dan5 said:

So how long is it taking to process these online applications now? When I did them previously, they were approved the next day. But I hear they have added another step to the process, approval by the local office and now the process takes a lot longer.

I did mine successfully on 23 November, while a friend's failed in late October. It took 6 days, while in the past it took anywhere, from same day approval in 2015, to a couple of days on average.

If the captcha does not appear it is often due to slow internet speed at the time, so just keep reloading it.

Incidentally, back in June I tried it using Edge (Windows 10 default browser) and to my absolute surprise it worked

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Why not just take the file on USB  to the mall and print for 3 baht. ?

I used to use the USB-stick method, but most copy-shops now have the "Line" app (and other apps) - so can simply add them as a contact, (they have the QR-Code displayed to make this quick), then share your doc from your phone for printing. 

Also, USB sticks have a nasty virus-propagation potential, and the anti-virus methods to prevent this, installed on shop-computers, sometimes prevent them from being read - or could contaminate your stick and bring a virus home to your computer.

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

I used to use the USB-stick method, but most copy-shops now have the "Line" app (and other apps) - so can simply add them as a contact, (they have the QR-Code displayed to make this quick), then share your doc from your phone for printing. 

Also, USB sticks have a nasty virus-propagation potential, and the anti-virus methods to prevent this, installed on shop-computers, sometimes prevent them from being read - or could contaminate your stick and bring a virus home to your computer.

Yeah.. But that wasn't the point.. It was there are a variety of ways to avoid buying a 5000 baht printer 

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:47 PM, ubonjoe said:

Not sure why that happens sometimes on the site. Just try again later and it should be working again.

Just checked before writing this post and it is still not working.

Online reporting, (which should be done away with), is like the postal service here. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn'tm

16 hours ago, cauldlad said:

I was pending from the 4th until yesterday and ended up having to report in person!!!!

46 minutes ago, tigermoth said:

Online reporting, (which should be done away with), is like the postal service here. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn'tm

Disagree. The postal service works reliably the vast majority of the time. Online Reporting has the exact opposite success rate.

Also it shouldn't be done away with, but simply made to work reliaby and easily. Not at all a difficult task.

Typically Thailand has a long, sad history of big ideas with crappy results...or just flat out failures. 

Edited by Skeptic7

Over the years I have had mixed success with the on-line 90 days, for several reports no problem then a period of no success.

After several attempts, I succeeded in doing my on-line 90 day report on Monday 4 December and got approval on Friday 8 December. So it does work currently, if only with persistence.