KTB assures the money exchange transaction with two Laotians legitimate

webfact

29 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

According to the The Nation.

"Nimit said the Lao suspects claimed that they had exchanged US$2.5 million (Bt81.5 million) for Thai banknotes at various banks in Thailand’s Nong Khai province and planned to take the Thai currency back to Laos."

So not only did the Lao guys smuggle (about) US$2.5 million INTO Thailand, and exchanged it at several banks throughout the province, they attempted to smuggle (about) ฿ 98 million OUT of Thailand.

KTB is claiming "the two Laotians in question were customers of the branch office in Nong Khai". So, why were they exchanging money at other branches throughout the province?

Yes, all legal and above board, nothing to see here. I reckon anyone that drives around exchanging small amounts of a much larger stash at various branches over a greater geographic area and then stuffs stuffs the cash inside milk cartons with the rest in vehicle compartments and bags stuffed inside the engine compartment is all kosher.

Now, off you go and read up on the mechanics of money laundering.

Now, off you go and read up on the mechanics of banking and also read again what you wrote and what I commented on, Bamber...  

"KTB is claiming "the two Laotians in question were customers of the branch office in Nong Khai". So, why were they exchanging money at other branches throughout the province? "

They weren't using other branches, they were exchanging it at different banks, not branches.  And the chances are that they used different banks because they are customers of a number of banks, just as they are customers of KTB.

What I commented on is the exchanging of currency, not money laundering or contravening Customs regulations.