Border crossing

chang35baht

Hi guys. Anyone know the status regarding doing a visa run at Tachilek?

Asking on behalf of a guest(and future guests) at our hotel. Can you still go over? How many days do you get? 7/14/30 days, if any??

Thanks in advance,

Stuart.

P.S. Ye it's me. I'm still around

7 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/changes-visa-exempt.php

I believe that the land border crossings like Tachilek/MaeSai are only giving 14 day exemptions.

False and outdated info on that unofficial commercial website set up by a law firm. Look at the bottom the page an you will see this "This is NOT the official website of the Thai Embassy ".

Since January first this year all visa exempt entries are 30 days now. Started when a order went into effect limiting visa exempt entries at land border crossings to 2 per calendar year.

Not problem to do a crossing at Mae Sai to Tachilek now for a 30 day visa exempt entry.

Sorry, one more question.

Seen a few posts on the main visa forum regarding showing money when re-entering. Do you have any thoughts/knowledge on this?

I read on the website that you may be asked to show 10,000Bt. Other posts I have read elsewhere have stated that some have been aked to show 20,000Bt

Edited by chang35baht

3 minutes ago, chang35baht said:

Seen a few posts on the main visa forum regarding showing money when re-entering. Do you have any thoughts/knowledge on this?

No reports of Mae Sai wanting it wanting to see financial proof.

For a visa exempt entry it would be the equivalent of 10k baht in cash or 20k baht with a visa for entry.

At border crossings it has been the the crossing at the Malaysian border wanting it.

You have to pay 500 thb (or 10 usd, which is cheaper) for the pass (visa) into Myanmar.
I was there late October, no cash show required when coming back into Thailand.
They will get 30 days, (extendable by another 30 days if necessary at immigration, cost 1900 thb)

Edited by orchis