Can I get another TR visa?

Hi,

I'm an Australian citizen retired on a pension and currently holding a multiple entry tourist (TR) visa which, with the one month extension, will expire on 11 February 2018.  I'm in a relationship with a Thai lady and I would like to stay in Thailand for at least another 6 months, so it would be convenient to get another TR visa if that is possible.

If I return to Australia, can I get another TR visa? Is this a feasible option or what are the alternatives?

I would greatly appreciate any advice that forum members may care to give.  Thank you

Edited by mamboze
incomplete details

31 minutes ago, mamboze said:

If I return to Australia, can I get another TR visa? Is this a feasible option or what are the alternatives?

You can easily get a couple (or more) of Single Entry Tourist Visas from Thai Embassies/Consulates in countries neighbouring Thailand. Each visa will give you one 60 day entry that can be extended by 30 days. The consular section of the Embassy in Vientiane, Laos is probably (at the moment) the best place to apply.

Thanks ubonjoe and elviajero for your help, very much appreciated!

I'm inclined to return to Australia to get a TR visa rather than go for a Single Entry visa.

Just one question tho, it is not possible to get a TR visa from the Embassy in Vientiane, right?

3 minutes ago, mamboze said:

Just one question tho, it is not possible to get a TR visa from the Embassy in Vientiane, right?

A TR visa can be a single or multiple entry visa.

You can only get a multiple entry tourist visa in Australia.

They only issue single entry tourist visa in Vientiane.

In some countries, the consulate requires that you have left Thailand for at least three months before applying for a new TR visa (seen on the Thai consulate's website in Paris, France).

I am planning on doing my next tourist visa in Ho Chi Minh city. Has anyone got some experience to share of doing a TR single entry visa there?

1 hour ago, CafeBakery said:

In some countries, the consulate requires that you have left Thailand for at least three months before applying for a new TR visa (seen on the Thai consulate's website in Paris, France).

I am planning on doing my next tourist visa in Ho Chi Minh city. Has anyone got some experience to share of doing a TR single entry visa there?

Neither HCMC, nor any of the other consulates near Thailand, nor most in the world have that 3-mo rule.

I believe you will need a bank-statement (20K+ Baht equivalent) + proof of flight in and out (out within 60 or 90-days of entry-date) + proof of accommodations (hotel-booking or condo-contract).   It's possible the outward-flight might be restricted to 60-days (not counting a planned 30-day extension-of-stay) - discussed here:

21 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

I believe you will need a bank-statement (20K+ Baht equivalent) + proof of flight in and out (out within 60 or 90-days of entry-date) + proof of accommodations (hotel-booking or condo-contract).   It's possible the outward-flight might be restricted to 60-days (not counting a planned 30-day extension-of-stay) - discussed here:

My experience in HCMC is not very recent (over a year ago now) but I was given the option of onward flight or financial proof. They did not require both. When I was there, it really was one of the better places to apply. They have their rules, but are basically on your side.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CafeBakery said:

• Passport valid for at least six months
  • Ticket OUT of Thailand at end of Visa Issued.   can be plane, train or bus, I had a bus ticket to Phnom Penh.
  • Never asked for proof of funds, but I offered my Bank book, she smiled and said 'No Need, only ticket out of Thailand'
  • USD only
  • Very friendly fast and efficient, dropped off 1000AM oicked up 1400PM next day.
  • TR Single entry, then you can do the xtsnsions as needed in Thailand.