Any David Attinboroughs Out There?

350torana

This is a fair dinkum question. I have not been in the kingdom very long but always loved insects and other fauna. Still get over excited when i see a squirrel do his think on an overhead wire. :o My question is this. At night I always here this critter making this "chip chip chip " noise. Hmm, hard to describe the sound but only lasts about 2 or 3 seconds. I asked my old lady about this , she thinks it is a Gecko but I suspect a cockroach mating call or call saying free crap on the floor come and have a party :D

Also curious about those insects that make a huge chirping noise that is almost deafining, even in the suburbs of BKK, what are they some kinda of cicada ?

cheers

not sure of the spelling in english, but I have had a problem with what I am sure is malangsaap (cockroach) making noises similar to what your sugegsting.

Drives me nuts, and then gives me the creeps cos I hate cockies.

definatly insects. cicadas ?

bugs are bugs are bugs. SVB will know. under his hardened playboy skin is a naturalist waiting to get out and ready to "stick his thumb, roight up his butt!!"

I also think it's probably cicadas.

Gekos make a tuk-tuk-tuk noise, but my favourites are the bigger ones they call Tookay, after the sound they make 'Too-kay' however, to me it always sounds like '<deleted>-you' :o

But maybe my ears don't work work so well these days.

yeah the small geckos or 'jing jok' are the onse that make the tch tch sound like your old woman wagging the finger at you and saying tch tch tch......you bad boy !!

Or if you like your cursing go for the tookay......as said before....<deleted> u <deleted> u !! haha thats great. It is said that if you hear them 7 times it is good luck.....thats seven x <deleted> u in one sounding.

Cicadas are deafening at times.In Australia when I was not off my mind on vegemite.... :o ... I was being deafend by cicadas all the <deleted> time. !!

Thanks for the help. I think the wife wagging her finger at u and making scolding sounds is the perfect way to descbine the niose i mean. Surprised to here it is a gecko cuz back in Aussie lizards are not really that talkative :D Oh well, one thing i like about the kingdom is there is no god ###### huntsman spiders . No checking the car sun visor before driving. I think they have to be the world's worst creppy crawly, even if they are not posionous :o

no thats true, in my new house everytime i walk out to the garden, i get abused, <deleted> you <deleted> you.

It's good to know I'm not the only one who gets abuse from Thai Reptilia :o