Bangkok To India, Airline/booking Recommendations?

mark__baum

Happy thoughts, folks! I've been traveling about this charming country Thailand for a little while now, plan to head on to Laos and Vietnam, and then to India in March! Totally riveted, looking forward to it, all of you are beautiful, lovely audience, etc etc.

So I had a brief peak around for costs of flights from Bangkok to India, and so far the best prices I've turned up have been over $300. This is in contrast to a vocal report from another traveler I chatted with who said that such a flight should be on the order of $100 or so. Is there any knowledgable, discerning stranger out there who would be willing to advise me on what airlines-websites-travel-agencies I want to consult before actually dispensing a tuft of my treasury on a purchase to the ancient enchanted regions of Hanuman and the best curry in the world?

I'm also looking for cost estimates of the proposed ticket, preferrably less than $300.

Any guidance, suggestions, dreams, fanatic traveler visions, affectionately wry or insightfully caustic remarks would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

mark baum

So I had a brief peak around for costs of flights from Bangkok to India, and so far the best prices I've turned up have been over $300. This is in contrast to a vocal report from another traveler I chatted with who said that such a flight should be on the order of $100 or so.

$100 thats B3500, I should think you wont even get an outside seat for that. :o $300 seems a good price if these prices are anything to go by

SaveFlights

Enjoy your travelling

This is in contrast to a vocal report from another traveler I chatted with who said that such a flight should be on the order of $100 or so.

If that's what this person assured you then I would be skeptical about any other claims that they may have made.

Sri Lankan has some decent deals as well. Comes out to 13,000 baht or so for a return ticket (taxes inclusive).

• 1 year later...
Any update on this,as far as airline or ticket recomendations goes?

Also would i need an onward ticket?

Thanks

Don't you have to get a visa before you travel to India? Therefore unlikely to need an onward ticket too but that's just my guess.

When I was doing BKK-Mumbai on a regular basis I flew Cathay as my first choice or else Thai ... wouldn't even consider Indian Airlines, but I did take a domestic flight (Delhi-Mumbai) once on Jet Airways and that was fine. Don't know about fares but would guess Jet would be cheaper than CX or TG

CC

Any update on this,as far as airline or ticket recomendations goes?

It really depends upon your destination in India.

Also would i need an onward ticket?

I've never been asked for an onward ticket and yes, you do need a visa.

Try Air India as they code share with Thai so although a Air India tkt you are on a THai airways flt.You must have a visa for India,not difficult to get.Have never been asked for onward tkt on arrival in India.Indian Airlines as well as Air India Express also fly to Bangkok.

Cheers