Motorbike number plate gone bye bye!!!

DDBKK

The long and short of it is that my bike plate has gone with this wintery winds we are experiencing at present. Farewell dirty plate. May your travels serve you well. 

My Mrs has got all bent out of shape over this situation and insists that the only way of receiving a new plate is first to report the missing one to police who will provide a signed document which then needs to be brought to the delight of a place they call.......          dum dum dum.......       Chaengwantana. (kill me now) 

Am I to fear for being pulled clean into the wantana vortex for up to X amount of miserable godforsaken hours waiting on a small number, on a small screen to indicate possible freedom, only to find out that I need to join another waiting list of equally miserable measure? Please god no!!!

I only lost a number plate, tell me it aint so??? 

3 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

A police report may not be necessary. Motorcycle dealers and those Tor Ror Or agents (vehicle inspection/tax renewal/insurance renewal) have a form that you can sign stating your number plate was lost or stolen. I was able to do it like that. It is probably a police report by proxy. Give it a whirl, it may save you some time.

Can you speak Thai? If not, you may need someone who can.

Good insight and options... thanks .

4 hours ago, Briggsy said:

A police report may not be necessary. Motorcycle dealers and those Tor Ror Or agents (vehicle inspection/tax renewal/insurance renewal) have a form that you can sign stating your number plate was lost or stolen. I was able to do it like that. It is probably a police report by proxy. Give it a whirl, it may save you some time.

Can you speak Thai? If not, you may need someone who can.

That sounds like it could be a winner. Will give it a bash and see how we go. 

Cheers

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've just done this as my plate fell off my bike somewhere near Loei 2 weeks ago. I had to get a police report (Chok Chai police station - no charge) and then go to the Tor Ror Or agent with my passport and work permit and they made signed copies. Then I signed the 'lost number plate' form and paid 700 Baht. They said I'll have the plate in about 7 days but let's see.

• Like 1

I've just done this as my plate fell off my bike somewhere near Loei 2 weeks ago. I had to get a police report (Chok Chai police station - no charge) and then go to the Tor Ror Or agent with my passport and work permit and they made signed copies. Then I signed the 'lost number plate' form and paid 700 Baht. They said I'll have the plate in about 7 days but let's see.

Took 2 month in Surin a few years ago for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Took 2 month in Surin a few years ago for me.

Yeah I was a bit skeptical about the 7 days but you never know, I've been pleasantly surprised before.

The main thing is I have a copy of the police report and the receipt from the Tor Ror Or agent under the seat (along with the green book copy) so I'm comfortable using the bike until it arrives. 

Yeah I was a bit skeptical about the 7 days but you never know, I've been pleasantly surprised before.

The main thing is I have a copy of the police report and the receipt from the Tor Ror Or agent under the seat (along with the green book copy) so I'm comfortable using the bike until it arrives. 

Good move. You should have a problem

• 1 month later...