• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

U.S. Republicans appear all but certain to pass tax legislation

webfact

10 minutes ago, hawker9000 said:

Oh, now you're killing me with laughter!  "Of course, that really doesn't relate directly to the economy."   Says who, the 'First Grade Teachers' and Berkshire Business and Beer Review'?   ROFL   Obviously you want to throw out the stock market, yet I have to assume you at least dimly recognize that it's a universally recognized leading indicator.  And the economy IS doing GREAT!  Ask the Fed! 

Of course, you really don't know the first thing ABOUT the economy.

Man, now you're just being ignorant.  Perhaps you can tell me how much the stock market has risen during Obama's term.  Or have you forgotten that he inherited the 2008 financial crisis.  The stock market has been booming these past few years.  Big corporations are making record profits.  Yet, has wages kept up?  Why is that?  If you would take your head out of Trump's ahole for just a minute, you will see that these tax cuts are not about helping the middle class.   

7 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Man, now you're just being ignorant.  Perhaps you can tell me how much the stock market has risen during Obama's term.  Or have you forgotten that he inherited the 2008 financial crisis.  The stock market has been booming these past few years.  Big corporations are making record profits.  Yet, has wages kept up?  Why is that?  If you would take your head out of Trump's ahole for just a minute, you will see that these tax cuts are not about helping the middle class.   

LOL.  I'm middle class, and they're certainly helping me.

You really don't want to start a conversation about where your head is...   FPS, the moron-in-chief left office almost a year ago, and it's still parked there!

2 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

LOL.  I'm middle class, and they're certainly helping me.

You really don't want to start a conversation about where your head is...   FPS, the moron-in-chief left office almost a year ago, and it's still parked there!

555555555...the moron-in-chief is currently in office!  Trump is a buffoon, but he's a heck of a lot smarter than his supporters. 

On 12/19/2017 at 10:20 AM, ilostmypassword said:

What's especially great about it was that last minute 20% deduction for real estate companies. Oddly enough, this just happens to benefit Donald Trump.

Last-Minute Real Estate Tax Break In GOP Bill Will Benefit Trump

President Donald Trump has made tens of millions of dollars of a specific kind of income that could be subjected to a last-minute tax break inserted into the Republicans’ tax legislation released Friday, according to federal records reviewed by International Business Times. The same is true for Tennessee GOP Sen. Bob Corker — a commercial real estate mogul who suddenly switched his vote to “yes” on the tax bill after the provision was added to the legislation. Previously, Corker was the only Republican to vote against the Senate version of the bill.

Trump told a Missouri crowd on Nov. 29 that he would personally take a hit from the GOP tax plan. 

http://www.ibtimes.com/political-capital/last-minute-real-estate-tax-break-gop-bill-will-benefit-trump-2629381

Are there still individuals who believe the Liar and his regime? Trump is, and always has been corrupt and totally self-serving. He brings out the worst in people who interact/listen to his lies. 

corrupt Republican congress.jpg

2 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

I pray the day comes when you have said all you can.  wingnuts, thats the problem,  yea wingnuts.

What do you know about the ECONOMY?  do you have an education  in economics or just real strong pro Trump beliefs?

92% of American stocks are owned by the top 20% of income earners, they other 80% of yanks share 8%.  

LOL- complete and utter nonsense

True.  Trump wingnuts don't even realize that over 35% of US stocks are owned by foreigners, e.g., sovereign wealth funds and such.  So these tax cuts are not only benefiting the wealthiest Americans, but the wealthiest foreigners as well.  Whoopee!

On 12/19/2017 at 12:59 PM, ilostmypassword said:

I've got good news for you!

Teen pregnancy rates are way down in the USA.

US teen birth rate drops to all-time low

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/30/health/teen-birth-rate-prenatal-care-2016/index.html

Homicide rates are where they were in 1950

FBI: US Homicide Rate at 51-Year Low

https://mises.org/blog/fbi-us-homicide-rate-51-year-low

By the way, the steepest decreases in teen pregnany occurred during the Clinton and Obama Administrations. In Homicides the steepest decline occurred during the Clinton Administration. During the George W. term it kind of hovered, then resumed its fall during the Obama administration.

And lets not forget Trump's base.

food stamp facts.jpg

6 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Perhaps you can tell me what Trump has done for the economy, since he has yet to pass any major legislation.  The stock market loves these tax cuts, which have yet to be passed into law.  Of course, that really doesn't relate directly to the economy.

On 12/19/2017 at 2:02 PM, hawker9000 said:

Rubbish.  According to whom?  YOU??  Yeah, that's what I thought.   'Disliked by wingnuts in high-tax blue states - yeah, baby!!  Subtract THEM (and we're talking states like CA and NY) from the "polls" and then tell me how many are left disapproving.  And of COURSE THEY disapprove - they're losing state & local tax deductions by which they were essentially being SUBSIDIZED by taxpayers in OTHER states where some sanity prevails.  LOL

Would you tell us where you get your information?   Haven't Republicans typically voted down any attempt to raise the minimum wage; claiming it would "kill businesses"?  But now they claim they want to "grow the economy" by giving Trump 1 billion dollars?

what did congress do.jpg

12 hours ago, Berkshire said:

It's like giving Trump credit for the current state of the economy.  We all know it's Obama's economy.

Yeah, right!  5555555555

My investments never did anywhere near as well are under Obama as they are doing now.

Sorry, but you just can't sell me on that. 

Edited by PhonThong

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Trump's approval ratings are in the low 30's.  Lowest in history.  So yes, most Americans know Trump has done nothing for the US economy. 

Then most Americans are missing the gravy train. Can't help ignorance.

14 minutes ago, PhonThong said:

I'm pretty sure I'm making more money than you in the US stock market.  But that's not the point.  The point is whether this is good for most Americans.  It's not.  When you cut taxes, the immediate question that comes after is "How will you pay for it?"  The GOP is using smoke and mirrors, but in the end, they will be cutting entitlements.  I'll do fine.  How will most Americans do? 

2 hours ago, PhonThong said:

If most Americans were on that gravy train, the gravy would have spilled out long ago. I would say basic economics would tell you that much but it's even more basic than that. A basic sense of arithmetic should tell you that.

2 hours ago, PhonThong said:

Yeah, right!  5555555555

My investments never did anywhere near as well are under Obama as they are doing now.

Good to know that the your investments are the objective measure of the economy. If that weren't the case, I might conclude that to your way of thinking, it's all about you.

11 hours ago, Berkshire said:

True.  Trump wingnuts don't even realize that over 35% of US stocks are owned by foreigners, e.g., sovereign wealth funds and such.  So these tax cuts are not only benefiting the wealthiest Americans, but the wealthiest foreigners as well.  Whoopee!

In addition to the foreign ownership (look at Switzerland ownership) about 25% is owned by insurance companies and local, state and federal retirement systems.

4 hours ago, PhonThong said:

Yeah, right!  5555555555

There is more to Trump's astoundingly low ratings than just the economy and specifically how well your investments are doing.   The economic landscape has changed.   Many, many people do not have a 401-K.   In the past a job often meant a career, it meant a certain amount of stability in employment and a level of security.   Now, there are fewer careers and more jobs.   

Walmart and the big employers do not offer comprehensive long-term security and with the cost of higher education, the opportunity for a career is limited.  

We spent the last eight years hearing about the horrible national debt.   This tax bill adds significantly to it, but yet, the endless debt remarks are largely missing.   I wonder why that is?

9 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Good to know that the your investments are the objective measure of the economy. If that weren't the case, I might conclude that to your way of thinking, it's all about you.

It is and has been my main objective to look after the welfare of me and mine.

Not that of the lazy freeloaders.

I will not apologise for it.

Tax breaks help employers to maintain a healthy bottom line, so that they can provide jobs for the willing.

You don't seem with your comment to fit into that category.

19 minutes ago, PhonThong said:

It is and has been my main objective to look after the welfare of me and mine.

Not that of the lazy freeloaders.

I will not apologise for it.

Tax breaks help employers to maintain a healthy bottom line, so that they can provide jobs for the willing.

You don't seem with your comment to fit into that category.

And now the rest of the less fortunate get to look after you and your investments.   You might want to reconsider who exactly is a freeloader here.   

19 minutes ago, PhonThong said:

Too bad the employers will take these tax savings and use it for stock buy backs or putting it in offshore accounts

Unfortunately that is exactly what has happened with every other tax cut business has received from the Republicans in the past 

9 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Too bad the employers will take these tax savings and use it for stock buy backs or putting it in offshore accounts

Unfortunately that is exactly what has happened with every other tax cut business has received from the Republicans in the past 

Well, I guess I should just put your idea into motion and see how my employees feel about that. 

By the way, sorry the Obama care mandate got repealed. You must be suicidal now.

18 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

I own a trucking company back home where I employ hundreds of people. Also own one here in my wife's family name. That's why we are here at this time. 

Sugarcane harvest. We run some 70 trucks in Thailand. Also employ drivers,laborers,mechanics and others as needed. 

I have no offshore accounts and since we a not a publicly owned company your comments are foolish.

So, other than trying to sound as if you know what you're talking about. What has your liberal a$$ done for your fellow man. "Since you are so concerned".

1 hour ago, PhonThong said:

I own a trucking company back home where I employ hundreds of people. Also own one here in my wife's family name. That's why we are here at this time. 

Sugarcane harvest. We run some 70 trucks in Thailand. Also employ drivers,laborers,mechanics and others as needed. 

I have no offshore accounts and since we a not a publicly owned company your comments are foolish.

So, other than trying to sound as if you know what you're talking about. What has your liberal a$$ done for your fellow man. "Since you are so concerned".

While it is obviously incorrect to suggest that there are no decent business owners in the world, the notion of trickle down economics on a wide scale has been widely recognised as being a lie.

Kudos to you for taking those tax cuts and using them to improve your company and the prospects of those who work for you, but the reality is that inequality is as bad as it has ever been, and acts such as this will only make it worse. 

1 hour ago, PhonThong said:

Well, I guess I should just put your idea into motion and see how my employees feel about that. 

By the way, sorry the Obama care mandate got repealed. You must be suicidal now.

Major companies including Cisco Systems Inc., Pfizer Inc. and Coca-Cola Co. say they’ll turn over most gains from proposed corporate tax cuts to their shareholders, undercutting President Donald Trump’s promise that his plan will create jobs and boost wages for the middle class.

source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-29/trump-s-tax-promises-undercut-by-ceo-plans-to-reward-investors

On the other hand,

A handful of U.S. companies are already promising to pay one-time bonuses to their employees and bump up hourly pay if President Trump signs into law the tax reform bill that has been voted on by the Republican-led Congress.

AT&T was the first company to go public with its plans to pass along coming tax savings to workers, saying once the tax bill is passed it would pay a special $1,000 bonus to more than 200,000 of its non-management workers. Front-line managers, the company said, will also be included in the bonus pool. The bonus could hit employees paychecks over the holidays if Trump signs the bill before Christmas, the company said in a statement. The telecom giant also confirmed it would invest $1 billion more in the U.S. in 2018.

Bonus Time: File photo shows an AT&T sign at a store

Stephenson, AT&T chairman and CEO, said in a statement. “This tax reform will drive economic growth and create good-paying jobs. In fact, we will increase our U.S. investment and pay a special bonus to our U.S. employees.”

Comcast announced Wednesday that it would award one-time $1,000 bonuses to more than 100,000 employees, which would include frontline and non-executive employees.

Edited by PhonThong