Thai police "being kind" in mother of all New Year road carnage "U-Turns"!

webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MrY said:

An African Grey is a parrot species. It is apparently very good at learning the 5-5-5 (ha-ha-ha) sound....

Thanks, that's a great reply. 

I was puzzled about "oldlakey" 's previous reply,  i was thinking of a kind of alien being..

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Thanks, that's a great reply. 

I was puzzled about "oldlakey" 's previous reply,  i was thinking of a kind of alien being..

It helps to read more than one post, but of course, the next requirement is a retention span slightly longer than a goldfish 555555555555

7 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

It helps to read more than one post, but of course, the next requirement is a retention span slightly longer than a goldfish 555555555555

Actually i read almost the whole thread, but that reference to the " African grey " had left me confused for a while.

6 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Very effective would you not agree 5555555555

Your showing yourself up with adding the ha- ha-ha dont you know

Oldlakey 

Do you disagree  with any of the points I've made?

If so please could you address them with a counter argument 

You have also not pointed out what you think is unnecessarily repeated.

I think repetition of ha ha ha however is not really contributing to the discussion, don't you?

I think that in a reasoned discussion, attacking the messenger  rather than the message does not lead to a productive discussion.

Edited by Airbagwill

2 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

Oldlakey 

Do you disagree  with any of the points I've made?

If so please could you address them with a counter argument 

You have also not pointed out what you think is unnecessarily repeated.

I think repetition of ha ha ha however is not really contributing to the discussion, don't you?

I think that in a reasoned discussion, attracting the messenger  rather than the message does not lead to a productive discussion.

I would say most people have a good idea what needs to be done about the Thai road situation

But thats as far as it goes as nothing is going to happen

I find your dismissive attitude rather amusing when people put their ideas forward

You obviously dont realise how you come across

Laughing is better than crying in this case

21 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I would say most people have a good idea what needs to be done about the Thai road situation

But thats as far as it goes as nothing is going to happen

I find your dismissive attitude rather amusing when people put their ideas forward

You obviously dont realise how you come across

Laughing is better than crying in this case

So I take it you are unable to out forward a coherent view of your own?

I can't see what point you are trying to make...if you actually have one at all.

Point of view or opinion needs to based on some form of reasoning, logic or information...I don't see any of this in your posts.

Edited by Airbagwill

2 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

So I take it you are unable to out forward a coherent view of your own?

I can't see what point you are trying to make...if you actually have one at all.

Point of view or opinion needs to based on some form of reasoning, logic or information...I don't see any of this in your posts.

It would appear you saw no reasoning, logic, or information in any of my posts either, Mr. Airbag.  However, others appear to have seen some of these.  Asians typically have a better appreciation than Westerners for the value of social relationships, sometimes characterized in the West under the expression that "it's not what you know, but who."  The maxim is valid everywhere, however, and not only in Asia.  As such, both here and in Thai society, more will be accomplished by one possessing a measure of social skill than the brightest genius with "reasoning, logic or information" who is lacking it.  In order to effect as great a change with traffic safety as we might propose here, adapting to the cultural mechanisms for change means to assess our "facts" from an angle foreign to most Westerners, and look for socially appropriate modalities for implementation of new ideas.  If you are wise, you will dismount from your high horse to meet others on the ground where they are.  For change to come to Thailand with respect to traffic safety, many will have to do likewise.

13 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

It would appear you saw no reasoning, logic, or information in any of my posts either, Mr. Airbag.  However, others appear to have seen some of these.  Asians typically have a better appreciation than Westerners for the value of social relationships, sometimes characterized in the West under the expression that "it's not what you know, but who."  The maxim is valid everywhere, however, and not only in Asia.  As such, both here and in Thai society, more will be accomplished by one possessing a measure of social skill than the brightest genius with "reasoning, logic or information" who is lacking it.  In order to effect as great a change with traffic safety as we might propose here, adapting to the cultural mechanisms for change means to assess our "facts" from an angle foreign to most Westerners, and look for socially appropriate modalities for implementation of new ideas.  If you are wise, you will dismount from your high horse to meet others on the ground where they are.  For change to come to Thailand with respect to traffic safety, many will have to do likewise.

Tripe