Pattaya Songkran Dates

andyrichards

just remember to book your hotel in Angeles early for the week of Songkran, because if anything like last year flights to the philipines and hotels tend to get booked up well in advance, i couldn't believe how many residents of Thailand were in Angeles for songkran last year, IMO best place to spend it.

BB

just remember to book your hotel in Angeles early for the week of Songkran, because if anything like last year flights to the philipines and hotels tend to get booked up well in advance, i couldn't believe how many residents of Thailand were in Angeles for songkran last year, IMO best place to spend it.

BB

it always seems that Pattaya 'milks' the festival, starting it early and it ending late. i have a couple of buddies coming to LOS in April and Pattaya's extended Songkran will be avoided at all costs. Probably do it in Nakhon Nowhere where there's less abuse of this unique Thai festival by intoxicated farangs with no concept of 'sanuk'

BB

it always seems that Pattaya 'milks' the festival, starting it early and it ending late. i have a couple of buddies coming to LOS in April and Pattaya's extended Songkran will be avoided at all costs. Probably do it in Nakhon Nowhere where there's less abuse of this unique Thai festival by intoxicated farangs with no concept of 'sanuk'

You can't just blame the farangs. The Thai's are equally as bad.

Unfortunately this year I'll miss it.

April 19th is the usual day in Pattaya, April 13th in the rest of Thailand.

That's the old New Year, and most Thais will wish you a good New Year while smearing you with talcum powder, which the next guy will wash off with a water gun. I usually start at about Soi 3, walk down Beach Road to Walking Street, then catch a Sawng Thaew back to Soi 3 and repeat exercise.

Done it a couple of times with my daughter, but she's heading for ten years old now and has given up such childish things.

Remember to strip doen to basics - I usually have thongs, shorts and an old tee-shirt, with my money wrapped in a polythene bag. I need the money to buy more water as I work down the street. My turbo-boosted water cannon consumes more fuel than the car.