British man injured in Thailand undergoes leg amputation following motorbike accident

webfact

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/22/2017 at 4:30 PM, Seismic said:

Yes, its called ATGATT and sensible responsible riders follow it.

All The Gear All The Time!!

Well, even though that's true, I'm pretty sure I've never even seen one single rider on a scooter sporting the full gear (boots, leather pants and jacket, full face helmet and gloves). Worse, more than 99% wear flip-flops and one of these minimalist "helmets". Personally, after having tasted the freedom of riding in local attire for a while, I decided not to push my luck any further and got myself a real helmet and got used to wearing mountaineer's shoes whenever I take the bike.

It's a little bit hotter inside the helmet, but less than expected, well worth the peace of mind, same goes for the shoes; I got used to it very quickly. I really recommend to at least wearing a "real" helmet and good shoes... 

On 12/24/2017 at 2:25 AM, InMyShadow said:

Of course he did LMAO! He is talking BS.. HE wouldnt have lasted 8 weeks let alone 8 years emoji16.pngemoji16.png

TV The BS capital of south east Asia! but hey at least his post is worth a good laugh

No i did not ask for licence, no one care on this island.

Up to you dude if you think i bullshit :) i know that it's true i not need to lie or tell you a story, seems like you are jealouse or another broke farang who need to turn each penny twice before spending it :D

Edited by Ejjeje

I don't understand the complaint that "it's too hot" to wear some proper gear. It would be too hot to wear a full length leg cast and arm cast, too. And I've seen lots of bandages on foreigners around town. 

I wear a top quality three-quarter open-faced helmet, with convex shield that's pretty stout. And armoured gloves, jeans and running shoes. I proved the value of this setup when the bike went out from under me on a dirty, bumpy corner at only about 10-15 km/h. The noggin hit the asphalt as did the hands. Got some leg abrasions but got cleaned up at hospital for all of 720 baht.

There's very little difference in feeling hot between the above and full-on beachwear. My white helmet reflects the sun and heat, as well as gives shade. Clothing does the same. Twice I've had things ping off my helmet, oddly enough, both times on northbound Sukhumvit. One time it was a big bug, likely a bumble bee. Another time it was harder than that, likely a pebble or piece of metal. 

But it's your body to do as you see fit. Just make sure you have gold-plated insurance. 

On 20/12/2017 at 10:00 AM, steven100 said:

another go fund me ......    I'm seriously thinking about starting one for my next holiday  !  :shock1:  I'll need around 100,000 bht

I'll give you 100k provided you cut  off your leg..... 

Really heartless comments here, as if something like this could never happen to anyone of us on any given day