Accidents on Doi Suthep Road Increase After Resurfacing Company Doesn’t Clean Up

snoop1130

Accidents on Doi Suthep Road Increase After Resurfacing Company Doesn’t Clean Up

by CityNews

accident3.jpg

CityNews – After a road construction company who re-paved the Doi Suthep road left the road covered in gravel and sand, a large number of road accidents have been reported.

According to local rescue teams, there has been a sharp increase of accidents along the Doi Suthep road due to a large amount of asphalt, gravel, rocks and sand left after the road was re-paved.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/accidents-doi-suthep-road-increase-resurfacing-company-doesnt-clean/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2017-12-20

2 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

If the useless, lazy tessaban inspectors did their job and didn't allow the contractor to leave the site in a mess, there would likely not be an increase in accidents!

There's no money to be made in cleaning up after doing a job, so why bother?

You never know....it was so cold this evening I went down to the local military supplies shop and bought a liner for my M65 field jacket.  It was ok before but this cold snap meant that the jacket  wasnt as warm as usual.   Now its as warm as toast.

Sure I may only use the jacket for 2 weeks of the year but Im glad Ive got it.

As to the road works...last time it was resealed the same thing occurred.  I took a scooter up there and yes I had to be careful.

Seems to be an asian thing re contractors not cleaning up after themselves.  I struck that in the Philippines too.  Electricians would do their work and leave bits of stripped wire and all manner of crap lying on the floor.  Luckily I didnt need a plumber.

5 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

Seems to be an asian thing re contractors not cleaning up after themselves.  I struck that in the Philippines too.  Electricians would do their work and leave bits of stripped wire and all manner of crap lying on the floor.  Luckily I didnt need a plumber.

Not just Asian.  In Mexico, I found many local laborers wouldn't clean up after themselves.  Those that did also stood out in that they wore clean, crisp clothing -- it seems if they took pride in their personal appearance, they took pride in their work.  My experience is similar here in Thailand, too, BTW.

Edited by wpcoe

Funny...  I've driven it during construction and found the new surface to have much more grip.  I figured it would be safer.  So there is loose gravel in spots.  No different than looking out for dirt and oil spills on other roads.  I am really amazed at how the clueless tourists on rental scooters don't all crash all over town.

On 21/12/2017 at 5:02 AM, lvr181 said:

Make it a part of the 'contract' - clean up after work finished!

Cleanup is always a part of the contract on any job I have ever been on!

I have always been taught to adjust your speed for road conditions whether it is loose gravel, wet pavement snow, ice  or potholes.

On 12/22/2017 at 7:56 AM, Prairieboy said:

Cleanup is always a part of the contract on any job I have ever been on!

I have always been taught to adjust your speed for road conditions whether it is loose gravel, wet pavement snow, ice  or potholes.

All contracts includes the tidy up of construction sites, no doubt about it.

it is a universal thing.