PM Prayut shows off to the media his expensive Seiko wristwatch

webfact

9 hours ago, AboutThaim said:

“How about the next time I wear an alarm clock around my neck.”

Reminds me of an episode of Cactus Island when Keating was PM.  He collected clocks.  His wife, Anita the Clog, in answer to a question about how he didn't seem to be able to stop buying more clocks replied.  “Yes, he has always been a clock sucker.”  Who would have thought these two PMs would have something in common?

What a great series with Pall Bearer, Joe Beoften Peedupon, Ivor Longy and others.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Media1 said:

They are lazy and uneducated about legitimate leadership. They will not stand up all together and put a end to these characters. Let's face reality. The oldies are cashing in.

Bit more difficult to do, when they have guns, & have used them before.

I know alot of very dissatisfied Thai people who are neither lazy or uneducated, but do not see a solution.

9 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Other way around. Corruption works like a charm.. It's democracy that falls down
Maybe your a tourist so a good tip is due diligence on bangkok burning.. Yellow vs red etc

Democracy is a good 20 years away for thais
They are just to dumb to understand it at this stage

Lovely. 

1 hour ago, Will E Vormer said:

He's come up through the ranks like anyone else, whats the problem?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nothing, what's yours?

$18,200,000 US is pretty good coming up through the ranks.

In fact it is 423,256 x his yearly salary when he retired.

In his mandatory 2014 asset disclosure to the National Anti-Corruption Commission, the prime minister listed 128.6 million baht (US$3.9 million) in assets and 654,745 baht (US$20,000) in liabilities. His assets included a Mercedes Benz S600L, a BMW 740Li series sedan, three additional vehicles, two Philipe Patek watches, three Rolex watches, US$200,000 in jewellery, and several pistols.

He also reported the transfer of 466.5 million baht (US$14.3 million) to other family members. As army chief, prior to his retirement at the end of September, the general received a 1.4 million baht (US$43,000) annual salary.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayut_Chan-o-cha

18.2 million dollars US is pretty good coming up through the ranks.

Nothing, what's yours?

$18,200,000 US is pretty good coming up through the ranks.

In fact it is 423,256 x his yearly salary when he retired.

In his mandatory 2014 asset disclosure to the National Anti-Corruption Commission, the prime minister listed 128.6 million baht (US$3.9 million) in assets and 654,745 baht (US$20,000) in liabilities. His assets included a Mercedes Benz S600L, a BMW 740Li series sedan, three additional vehicles, two Philipe Patek watches, three Rolex watches, US$200,000 in jewellery, and several pistols.

He also reported the transfer of 466.5 million baht (US$14.3 million) to other family members. As army chief, prior to his retirement at the end of September, the general received a 1.4 million baht (US$43,000) annual salary.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayut_Chan-o-cha

18.2 million dollars US is pretty good coming up through the ranks.

Sure, so why make stuff up? The vast majority of his worth came from an inherited land sale, which you know about but didnt want to add to your breakdown.

1 minute ago, Will E Vormer said:

Sure, so why make stuff up? The vast majority of his worth came from an inherited land sale, which you know about but didnt want to add to your breakdown.

as you know what I know so I don't need to tell you my reply to you

9 hours ago, Will E Vormer said:

According to documents from Gen. Prayuth’s asset declaration Col Prapat Chan-o-cha, Gen Prayut’s father, sold nine plots totalling 50 rai in Bangkok’s Bang Bon district to 69 Property Co Ltd on May 9, 2013, seven days after the company was registered, according to Isara News Agency, which quoted official documents.

The major shareholder of the company when the deal took place had a British Virgin Islands address, Isara Newssaid, citing the Business Development Department’s data.

After a capital increase, the major shareholder now is the company linked to Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, a liquor and property billionaire.

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/prayuth-on-defensive-over-familys-600-million-baht-property-sale.html

But then, you knew that I know that

8 hours ago, greatwhitenorth said:

According to documents from Gen. Prayuth’s asset declaration Col Prapat Chan-o-cha, Gen Prayut’s father, sold nine plots totalling 50 rai in Bangkok’s Bang Bon district to 69 Property Co Ltd on May 9, 2013, seven days after the company was registered, according to Isara News Agency, which quoted official documents.

The major shareholder of the company when the deal took place had a British Virgin Islands address, Isara Newssaid, citing the Business Development Department’s data.

After a capital increase, the major shareholder now is the company linked to Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, a liquor and property billionaire.

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/prayuth-on-defensive-over-familys-600-million-baht-property-sale.html

But then, you knew that I know that

Again, you've either deliberately missed out an important detail or not done your homework. Neither did that journalist.
His asset declaration (from the sale) in 2013 included a deposit of 540 million baht. Look it up.

1 minute ago, Will E Vormer said:

Again, you've either deliberately missed out an important detail or not done your homework. Neither did that journalist.
His asset declaration (from the sale) in 2013 included a deposit of 540 million baht. Look it up.

most of us give a  reference when we post something as a fact.  it separates the bull excrement from the truth

11 hours ago, greatwhitenorth said:

inexpensive watch? it was 250,000 baht or over 800 working days at 300baht minimum wage. He has a number of others, all more expensive.

some can't tell the difference between joking and sarcasm, while others are sheep and follow whatever they are told.

"Comparitively inexpensive" is what I said which is accurate in the context of this issue. 

Minimum wage is irrelevant to this and it does not matter if he owns other watches, it is the Seiko that he was referencing.

2 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I saw with my own eyes. He was bragging. 

Really?  From the OP, which is what is being discussed...

"Wearing this Seiko, do I look good,” he said jokingly, adding “any wristwatch is all the same, I knew (you) want me to show off (this Seiko) so that it will become an issue".

Maybe you shouldn't rely too much on your eyesight.

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Really?  From the OP, which is what is being discussed...

"Wearing this Seiko, do I look good,” he said jokingly, adding “any wristwatch is all the same, I knew (you) want me to show off (this Seiko) so that it will become an issue".

Maybe you shouldn't rely too much on your eyesight.

Bragging all day long. 

On 21/12/2017 at 9:41 AM, DavisH said:

Surely all of these guys must have originally come from rich families....how else can they buy a General's position? Name one General that comes from a poor family. I thought the going rate was 50M. baht. Of course, they must recoup their losses somehow...becoming a politician and controlling the cookie jar is just icing on the cake. 

A friend of mine was made general earlier this year. He is by no means rich. In fact he borrowed 2000 baht off me so he could give his two teenage boys a birthday party.

I'm not saying positions aren't bought - the gossip supporting this is readily available - just saying in my friends case I don't think so. He is a career soldier some 52 years old, so I guess 30 or so years of service. Perhaps he is the only non corrupt person in the whole of Thailand?

On 21/12/2017 at 1:01 PM, Essaybloke said:

For a national 'leader' to come out with ...I knew (you) want me to show off (this Seiko) so that it will become an issue. How about the next time I wear an alarm clock around my neck?”... is simply careless, thoughtless, unprofessional, unacceptable and sends all the wrong signals. 

If you find it unacceptable  - what actions do you propose to take?

On 21/12/2017 at 6:45 PM, zzidenn said:

I always find it quite frightening when elderly men become snappy and act like vindictive b*atches. Wise and smart are the qualities to look for in political leaders, so is modesty.

You won't find much of that on this forum!