Chinese Tourists Could Cause Years of Misery for Thai Airports

webfact

On 22/12/2017 at 1:12 PM, dunroaming said:

Well having travelled in China for many years (much of it small towns and rural) and having done business with the Chinese I can say that it is like most countries, some good people and some truly awful.  The description above is pretty much spot on and the spitting is second nature to the majority of the middle aged and older.  They tend to be pretty cold blooded, rude and without any social skills as we westerners understand them.  But that is in their country and so that is up to them.

Coming to Thailand and acting the same way is, to be fair to them, all they know and they therefore think their behaviour is normal.  I do find them very irritating but then I find the drunken ignorant European (mainly British) yobs you find in Pattaya irritating as well

Fair point ??

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:12 PM, dunroaming said:

Well having travelled in China for many years (much of it small towns and rural) and having done business with the Chinese I can say that it is like most countries, some good people and some truly awful.  The description above is pretty much spot on and the spitting is second nature to the majority of the middle aged and older.  They tend to be pretty cold blooded, rude and without any social skills as we westerners understand them.  But that is in their country and so that is up to them.

Coming to Thailand and acting the same way is, to be fair to them, all they know and they therefore think their behaviour is normal.  I do find them very irritating but then I find the drunken ignorant European (mainly British) yobs you find in Pattaya irritating as well

Seems this has ( inevitably ) become an anti Chinese tourist rant, so I'll add my story. While the Brit yobs stay in no star hotels, unfortunately the Chinese yobs are staying in 4* and 5* hotels.

Unfortunately had to visit an expensive hotel in Chiang Mai recently, and while the Chinese there can obviously pay for it, they behave as if they are still peasants. I became extremely annoyed at their behaviour, and was very happy to depart.

Wasn't a problem in low season, as not many there, but the place is chokka with them now.

• Like 1

Is nobody in the government also concerned, about the years of miserable experiences caused to these Chinese-tourists (amongst others), by the currently-poor facilities/service at Thai airports ? :wink:

That doesn't exactly help to persuade them to return, or to recommend Thailand to friends & family, now does it ?

Investment-plans such as the new-terminal & third-runway at Swampy, or the proper expansion of my own local Chaing Mai airport, are currently years behind where they are needed-to-be !

As HM's Royal Navy once supposedly signalled  ...  "please extract digit !" :cool:

• Like 1

"
The chinese-only cruise ship a few weeks ago was full with affluent chinese and they bought more than many western/australian cs passengers. " Stats please.

Stats? Where from?

I had a shop in Nathon for 12 years until a few weeks ago, so know pretty well about every cruise ship arriving in that time. Go ask TAT if you believe them more [emoji23].

Sent from my ASUS_X008D using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

I arrived at Suvarnabhumi airport a 3 weeks ago. So did 3 planeloads of Chinese tourists. My god, it was so busy. I did not mind really because this cute Chinese woman starting chatting to me That killed waiting time a bit. lol lol lol