Where to exchange us 100's

thaitot

Today we visited my wife's home near Chachongsao we flew in with us currency. I did this some time back with no issues.

Yesterday we went to the bank of Ayutthaya  krungsri and I tried to deposit them with no luck I am probably in an area that does not see much us currency

so they were scared to deposit them. Today we are going to the old city of Ayutthaya  can anyone suggest or know of any currency exchange offices in that area

I have a backup plan with atm from us but now I am carrying cash that I would like to deposit to my account. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Cashing 100 dollar bills and depositing them are two very different things. To open a dollar account you first have to find a branch that has this type of account. Usually you need 1,000 dollars as a minimum opening amount. But to cash them most banks will but the rate is not that hot. Super Rich has many offices throughout Thailand offering the best rates. There is on in Future Park Prathum Thani on your way back to BKK from Ayuthaya.

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

KRUNG THAI BANK CURRENCY EXCHANGE

ADDRESS: 63/63-65 Si Sanphet Road, Tambon Pratu Chai, Amphoe Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Province Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya 13000

image.png.8c9aed44350695fe6d27225609932393.png

I'm not sure where you got this information, but the address doesn't match any of the Ayutthaya outlets on the Krung Thai Bank website, and I certainly haven't seen anything on that street that relates to KTB.

The main branch of KTB in Ayutthaya is on Naresuan Road, on the opposite side of the road from the Ayothaya Hotel and a bit further west.

Incidentally, there's a lot of confusion between Krung Sri and Krung Thai in this topic.

32 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually as I posted there is a KTB bank branch at the location specified and it is clearly visible on Google Maps street view this year.  It appears to be a small branch with ATM in front.

image.jpeg.83fa2a7fdaa87bb64f104314a340b80b.jpeg

Apologies.  It's the government hospital branch.  You're quite right.

25 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Do you have a before and after pic of the bills? How different are they? I have 500 usd but no idea if they are new or old.

If you don't know the difference you probably have the old 100 dollar bills ......good luck cashing them!

These are the New ones!

check-out-the-sophisticated-features-of-the-new-100-bill.jpg.be6d871d30884bee5fc5a9e2bc31e0cc.jpg

Edited by beachproperty

2 minutes ago, beachproperty said:

If you don't know the difference you probably have the old 100 dollar bills ......good luck cashing them!

had them for 6 months....hopefully they are the new variety. They accept them in Myanmar and they are very, very fussy to the point of being painful.

27 minutes ago, beachproperty said:

Might have been fussy because they are the old ones!

Possibly, but they can be fussy over their own Kyat too!  Get change from one shop might not accepted in another!

Take an iron to Burma and press your US dollars...the slightest crease,nick or blemish.....no want.

Ok Thanks for the posts as a follow up we ended up at big C Ayuttaya, Krung Thai Bank, no issues and very quick. I made sure we had crisp new one hundred dollar bills as I anticipated the old ones would not work and this was a Saturday .

Ok next question one final exchange needed in Chiang Mai  my walled was not large enough to hold a 3 to 1 size ratio expansion and I would like to shop the highest rate. i may post this in the Chiang Mai forem  Thanks again to all.