End of year drinks with a view?

Korat88

Hello Everyone,

I was hoping those who go out more than I do would be able to recommend a good place with a nice view for an evening drink (possible snacks too) to thank my team for their work over the year. Been to Vertigo and Sirroco before, both on the more expensive scale, but looking for somewhere perhaps not so well known and better value but with the good views. Any suggestions would be welcomed! Thank you.

Thank you Airalee and gjoo888. I have been to the Long Table before and wasn't so enthralled with it but it may be OK. Cielo could be a good choice. Lebua Tower is where Sirocco is Benroon. I was after other sensible suggestions but appreciate your reply anyway.

22 hours ago, gjoo888 said:

The Long Table on Soi 16 is good. I haven't been for a few years, but the prices were reasonable for a nice place with a view.

http://www.longtablebangkok.com/index.php

I had one of my going away parties in Long Table - I agree its a nice place to see the city from high up - you can ask for a set menu for a group of ten people or so, they will discount if you order the same meal for all..............

So in the end we finally went to Cielo Skybar as Airalee suggested. It was certainly a nice place with good views and pretty good service. SInce we were a group of nine the portions of food disappeared fast and by the end of the evening most of us were still hungry. So it is probably a better venue for a couple or perhaps three people where the portions will be more meaningful, but I still can't complain as the evening was enjoyable overall. With the cocktails added to the food it came in at around 19,000 Baht including the service charge. I might go again but only with my wife to show her. 

Thank you for the other leads. Some to follow-up later. Hope your Xmas was good and Happy New Year to all.

On 12/24/2017 at 1:08 PM, Benroon said:

Lebua Tower is decent though you have to dress for it 

And pay a lot for what you get. It is a fantastic setup but far too many selfie goers herded like cattle, it's too busy both times I've been. The view is cool but geographically much better places to get a 360 skyline.

Vertigo, Cielo sky bar and marriot octave are much better imo, if you want more value for $$$

On 12/24/2017 at 3:54 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Brewski at the Radisson Blu on Sukhumvit Road between Asoke and Phom Phrong would be a nice, not expensive rooftop venue -- far more economical than Vertigo or Sirroco.

https://www.radissonblu.com/en/plazahotel-bangkok/bars

2017-12-24.png.0570bb1de1cf22477489026525a6ec53.png

I went to Radisson blu recently and was ushered to some Indian restaurant with an awful terrace they called a roof bar. Must go back and check brewski out, cheers.

On 12/24/2017 at 3:16 PM, Korat88 said:

Thank you Airalee and gjoo888. I have been to the Long Table before and wasn't so enthralled with it but it may be OK. Cielo could be a good choice. Lebua Tower is where Sirocco is Benroon. I was after other sensible suggestions but appreciate your reply anyway.

Octave marriot below

IMG_20170926_172601_652.jpg