HELP me understand my investment- interest rise/fall

pumpjack

last month i lumped £2000 GBP on bitcoin, i bought in at around   $14500    , i used a platform called avatrade ( please do not use this company as they have zilch customer service )    anyway because i deposit £2000 i was told a rep would contact me and give me little advice on how to trade etc.    i waited and no call, then despite 7 emails in a week to them and approx 20 phone calls i never got through,   this made me withdraw my money out at $14.300   so i made a tiny win at least i did not lose. 

i say this only to let you guys know not to use www.avatrade.com

now the answers to my question i need is ....if i had of had the balls and held the $2000 for a little longer and it shot up to $20.000  2 days ago  exactly how much would i have made ?  

so, today bitcoin again is fallen down to $14.200 something ,  if i do indeed to throw say for instance £100 GBP  onit,  then it shoots up to $20.000  again, how much will i make ? 

cheers 

JACK

PS....if i do throw some money in again today should i take a punt on what ?   litecoin, ripple , euthereum ?  advice plzzzz

Please don't take this the wrong way, I honestly have nothing but good intentions with the following... don't get into crypto's unless you know what you're doing. I would not buy anything else at this point, instead I would take a week or two and do some solid research into general crypto currency technology followed by some research into some of the different coins currently available. Use that research to form an opinion on which of these coins you believe will still be around in a 5 years time.

Very confusing OP, spending pounds then referencing the value in $US and the decimal point is moving, talking about the $US value of one bitcoin then $US value of 1% of one bitcoin.

IF you buy at $US X and sell at $US Y, the profit or loss is the difference between X and Y. Then a profit or loss converting the dollars back to pounds.

Archived