Top Thai astrologer warns - be careful of road accidents at New Year

webfact

1 hour ago, HLover said:

Excellent work. And I might add:

18. The entire government will continue to be lethargic, incompetent, completely lacking in creative juice, nepotistic, indifferent toward the common man, and totally unconcerned with public and traffic safety. 

19. Human trafficking and slave labor will continue as usual.

20. Corruption charges will only be pursued against the lowly ones, the ones without influence, power, wealth, or connections, and as usual, nobody in a current position of power will ever be pursued. Lastly, the army will remain immune from any and all infractions or crimes. 

Add: geezers will continue to relentlessly complain and whinge.

And those lacking a sense of humor, will take everything they see and read seriously. Come on. We are all just having some fun, and perhaps venting a bit here. What is the harm in that? Have a laugh. Send my your bank account info. I will transfer the funds for a large beer, so you can lighten up and join us for some holiday cheer!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, HLover said:

Excellent work. And I might add:

18. The entire government will continue to be lethargic, incompetent, completely lacking in creative juice, nepotistic, indifferent toward the common man, and totally unconcerned with public and traffic safety. 

19. Human trafficking and slave labor will continue as usual.

20. Corruption charges will only be pursued against the lowly ones, the ones without influence, power, wealth, or connections, and as usual, nobody in a current position of power will ever be pursued. Lastly, the army will remain immune from any and all infractions or crimes. 

Add: geezers will continue to relentlessly complain and whinge.

Very lame. Nearly every time I see someone complaining, or observing a shortfall within Thailand, some lame guy, who has not taken the time to think things through, nor to devote any focus or effort to a reasonable reply, says something like "Perhaps Thailand is not for you", or refers to all of us as geezers who like to complain, or maybe you should leave, or the top prize, "if you do not like it here, go back to your own country". Hard to even respond to such inane statements. Why? Because I have some issues with the place? Sorry to inform you, but the nature of a discerning mind, is to have issues. Though absolute contentment must be a beautiful state of mind, it is not something most of us are blessed with, in case you have not noticed. The fact that I complain, does not mean I do not love Thailand, nor most of it's people. I do. I love my life here. I have a very good life here. But, I do have some complaints, and there are some things I would love to see improved. I should leave because of that? Please. Next time you make a post, try to devote at least two moments of thought to it. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Very lame. Nearly every time I see someone complaining, or observing a shortfall within Thailand, some lame guy, who has not taken the time to think things through, nor to devote any focus or effort to a reasonable reply, says something like "Perhaps Thailand is not for you", or refers to all of us as geezers who like to complain, or maybe you should leave, or the top prize, "if you do not like it here, go back to your own country". Hard to even respond to such inane statements. Why? Because I have some issues with the place? Sorry to inform you, but the nature of a discerning mind, is to have issues. Though absolute contentment must be a beautiful state of mind, it is not something most of us are blessed with, in case you have not noticed. The fact that I complain, does not mean I do not love Thailand, nor most of it's people. I do. I love my life here. I have a very good life here. But, I do have some complaints, and there are some things I would love to see improved. I should leave because of that? Please. Next time you make a post, try to devote at least two moments of thought to it. 

Why is it, Spidermike007, that there seems to be a clique of posters who appear to spend their every forum second in spotting something to fall out with? And why is it that they become more obtrusive and sometimes abusive after lunch and maybe when a couple of bevvies have loosened their tongues?

I had to try to appease another regular griper, this morning and not bevvy-fuelled I hope, who evidently didn't like the way I'd questioned his assertion that 'most foreign drivers took driving tests that were actually far more elementary and banal than the current driving tests In Thailand.'  I had to waste good debating time trying to cool the guy down. They ought to issue a government health warning to anyone daring to respond to their utterances, be they good, bad or downright banal. Any truth in my post-2pm theory, I wonder :partytime2:

2 hours ago, Ossy said:

Why is it, Spidermike007, that there seems to be a clique of posters who appear to spend their every forum second in spotting something to fall out with? And why is it that they become more obtrusive and sometimes abusive after lunch and maybe when a couple of bevvies have loosened their tongues?

I had to try to appease another regular griper, this morning and not bevvy-fuelled I hope, who evidently didn't like the way I'd questioned his assertion that 'most foreign drivers took driving tests that were actually far more elementary and banal than the current driving tests In Thailand.'  I had to waste good debating time trying to cool the guy down. They ought to issue a government health warning to anyone daring to respond to their utterances, be they good, bad or downright banal. Any truth in my post-2pm theory, I wonder :partytime2:

True that. Good observations. Thanks for that. Alot of contrarians here. I do read some intelligent, and articulate posts, so I suppose like anywhere else, it is a mix of bright, not so bright, and just plain dull. Some seem to just wake up in the morning constipated, just looking to pick an argument, with nothing to back it up. Those I tend to just ignore. Except in the above post. Just had to say something. LOL.