Krabi locals complain about waste water from palm oil factory

webfact

Krabi locals complain about waste water from palm oil factory

“I want the responsible department and the owner of the factory to show their responsibility towards this matter."

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__10895416.jpg

Plaipraya District locals from Krabi called for help today (December 27) after the water in their local canal has become increasingly filthy and black because of the wastewater from a palm oil factory in the area.

Apart from the smell and colour of the canal, a number of fishes have also died in waterways a few kilometres around. The local people suspect that the wastewater comes from the palm oil factory located at the top of the canal.

“It happened a few times before this year but it wasn’t as serious as this time as it has rained heavily. Yesterday, I took a shower near the dam of the canal and noticed that the water had changed from clear to black with a stinky smell and I saw some floating dead fish. I believe this is because of the wastewater that the palm oil factory releases illegally,” said 35 year old Jiradet Saengprom, a Krabi local who claims to be affected by the wastewater problem.

Full story:  https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/krabi-locals-complain-waste-water-palm-oil-factory

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-12-28

Archived