Carnage as brakes work fine - but Thai woman steps on the accelerator instead

webfact

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

It's amazing that no one has started to whinge about the driver being identified as being Thai.  If the driver had been a foreigner, and identified as such in the headline, Thaivisa's indignant hordes would have been out in force demanding to know how his nationality was relevant when if it was a Thai it wouldn't be mentioned.

Just hypocrisy, I suppose.

:shock1: Oh my gosh you said the driver was a Thai :post-4641-1156694606: how dare you. :post-4641-1156693976: red card for you, straight to the sin bin until you learn not to say the driver was a Thai.

An idiot driver is an idiot driver and it does not matter what nationality, but there are more Thai drivers in Thailand, but for some reason someone always focuses on the drivers nationality instead of the lack of driving skills

Edited by Russell17au

5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Just quoting the headline.

But, I do agree with you on this, it should not matter what nationality the driver is.

Yes, there are some on here that if it was a farang then they would want to know his life history and his parentage which has nothing to do with any accidents

5 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Had a stay in hospital and a plate in my wrist a few years ago just like this. Woman comes round bend on wrong side of road, sees me, panics, accelerates instead of brakes, drags my motorbike down the road as I watch my wrist break, she had no licence of course, never had a lesson.

And was let off Scott free or 500 baht fine

33 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

I just got one question Where those 2 motor cycle riders wearing helmets One had head injuries does not look like it Oh well if the cops wont do anything about this prob carry on Like is said its fun dying

The one wearing the orange vest is a motorbike taxi and it looks like no helmet but the other one was his passenger so naturally no helmet supplied or worn

Edited by Russell17au
mispelling

3 hours ago, Happy enough said:

the thing with you is most of your posts are basically moaning about TVF members. but indeed, you are one yourself

never said it was wrong to be a TVF member - and I am just pointing out the bs of some of the members on here :) 

Edited by PremiumLane

2 hours ago, Russell17au said:

The one wearing the orange vest is a motorbike taxi and it looks like no helmet but the other one was his passenger so naturally no helmet supplied or worn

Rest my case They were wearing helmets maybe they in better shape My god the RTP have got something to answer for  The rule states IF YOU RIDING A BIKE IN THAILAND YOU MUST WEAR A HELMET God how dumb can u be

8 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

It is like one big circle jerk now - TV posts a story about bad driving/accident then always the following:

First few comments about how all Thais are bad drivers, then

When will they ever learn! followed by,

Well they just graduated from farm machinery, so what do you expect! and then,

'Witty' comments connecting to the latest news story around the same subject, continued with

Long boring stories of 'experiences' of the terrible Thais, and then

A long list of how the problem should be fixed, and finally

Arguments about fine details

Rinse and repeat everyday.... bit like the carnage going on out there.... and just an observation before you get your panties in a twist :) 

You are absolutely right and I am also guilty of adding to it.   But in defense this story was posted and people respond to the post.  Quite true there is rarely anything new that anyone has say.  But with this story everyone is missing the most important question...  Who nicked the motorbike taxi drivers shoes? 

4 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

You are absolutely right and I am also guilty of adding to it.   But in defense this story was posted and people respond to the post.  Quite true there is rarely anything new that anyone has say.  But with this story everyone is missing the most important question...  Who nicked the motorbike taxi drivers shoes? 

It must be you because you are the only one who has mentioned it 5555555

8 hours ago, jimn said:

Then in my opinion you did the right thing in Western cultures, but very risky in Thailand. I have heard of cases where people have stopped to help, especially Falang and they have been accused of causing the accident and attempting to get money from them.

That is the very reason that you must have a dash cam installed in your vehicle. The proof is right there and saves any arguments!

3 hours ago, farq said:

That is the very reason that you must have a dash cam installed in your vehicle. The proof is right there and saves any arguments!

Fully agree. Was one of the first things I did when I moved over here

Edited by jimn

Problem is that most Thai drive automatic transmission cars using both feet on the pedals when you should only use one, results in ramming both feet down and the accelerator goes down quicker than the brake pedal especially when the right foot is the dominant of the two

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Problem is that most Thai drive automatic transmission cars using both feet on the pedals when you should only use one, results in ramming both feet down and the accelerator goes down quicker than the brake pedal especially when the right foot is the dominant of the two

Never realised that. I'm sure they don't think they're driving a manual. 

8 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

And not a helmet in sight.

Some schools teach 2 footed driving for automatics.  i.e. left foot brake and right foot accelerator.  The thinking behind this is by using your left foot on the brake, you save the milliseconds it takes to move your right foot to the brake.  I'm not talking necessarily about Thailand.  This is taught in other countries also.

I understand the logic but I prefer to rely on my right foot.

21 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

It is like one big circle jerk now - TV posts a story about bad driving/accident then always the following:

First few comments about how all Thais are bad drivers, then

When will they ever learn! followed by,

Well they just graduated from farm machinery, so what do you expect! and then,

'Witty' comments connecting to the latest news story around the same subject, continued with

Long boring stories of 'experiences' of the terrible Thais, and then

A long list of how the problem should be fixed, and finally

Arguments about fine details

Rinse and repeat everyday.... bit like the carnage going on out there.... and just an observation before you get your panties in a twist :) 

Maybe best you don't bother reading TVF. 

This two feet on the pedals is very interesting,

it would explain much of the ridiculous driving I have seen.

The unexplainable breaking at 10 kph below speed limits, 

common sense dictates that assuming nothing in front, one would just refrain from more acceleration, what I see and feel is active breaking,

e.g. 110 on tollway with 120 limit, car in front keeps flashing breaklights and breaking, while I am maintining safe stopping distance .  I always think it must be more work for them to be doing this, never considered two feet driving.  Did however consider stupidity.

What I realise now is in other parts of the world the ignorant are taught to drive carefully, and penalised for lack of common sense financially and loss of license, 

So the ignorant here remain ignorant as there is no incentive to do anything.