The Roong Reuang Coach from the airport to Pattaya

hiigara

Anyone knows if the Roong Reuang Coach from the airport to Pattaya stops at the central Pattaya road intersection?

In their website (http://airportpattayabus.com/V2/airport-to-pattaya/) it only says it stops at the hospital, south pattaya intersection and Jomtien.

Thanks

Any time I've taken the Jomtien bus (not Pattaya bus) from the airport, I've always gotten off at Pattaya Klang (Central Road). I always tell the staff I want to get off there. Many Thais get off there too. This bus NEVER goes to the North Road bus terminal, unless they've just changed the route. 

8 hours ago, tolsti said:

The one I take  goes direct to the bus station in North Pattaya.

Different bus service.

Yes, the bus stops opposite Central Rd. If you cross Sukhumvit road there are usually baht buses waiting at the top of Central road below the diagonal roads. Have to wait till they fill up.

5 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

This bus NEVER goes to the North Road bus terminal, unless they've just changed the route. 

Correct it doesn't go the North road terminal but close,a couple of weeks ago when I used the service they stopped at North Pattaya road junction...I thought he was lost  because coming off the motorway  instead of turning left and heading south he turned right,  stopped near the North road junction then did a U turn and continued on southerly to central, south and then Theprasit.

On 1/1/2018 at 11:06 AM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Any time I've taken the Jomtien bus (not Pattaya bus) from the airport, I've always gotten off at Pattaya Klang (Central Road). I always tell the staff I want to get off there. Many Thais get off there too.

On 1/1/2018 at 4:14 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes, the bus stops opposite Central Rd. If you cross Sukhumvit road there are usually baht buses waiting at the top of Central road below the diagonal roads. Have to wait till they fill up.

I notice that they have updated the appearance of the web site slightly within the last week, and the new version now does not mention Pattaya Klang, and I think it used to.  We might need someone who has used the bus since the first of the year to confirm, just to be sure.  The OP has a valid concern, IMHO.  (I will be taking the bus on Friday, so can confirm or deny the Pattaya Klang stop if nobody does by then.)

On 1/1/2018 at 11:06 AM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

This bus NEVER goes to the North Road bus terminal, unless they've just changed the route.

Except the last two buses at 21.00h and 22.00h.    They terminate at the Pattaya Nua bus terminal "For Passenger’s safety" per their web site.

50 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

I notice that they have updated the appearance of the web site slightly within the last week, and the new version now does not mention Pattaya Klang, and I think it used to.  We might need someone who has used the bus since the first of the year to confirm, just to be sure.  The OP has a valid concern, IMHO.  (I will be taking the bus on Friday, so can confirm or deny the Pattaya Klang stop if nobody does by then.)

Except the last two buses at 21.00h and 22.00h.    They terminate at the Pattaya Nua bus terminal "For Passenger’s safety" per their web site.

The Buses still stop at the old place, next to that small parking bay a few Meters past the Pattaya Klang intersection, adjacent to the petrol station.

Seen it there yesterday and people getting off. Always Motocy taxis and Baht-Buses for charter available there.

If you want to do it the smart way (and safe 60-70% of the quoted price by the transport Mafia there), walk inside the petrol station and order a GRAB or UBER to pick you up there

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:15 PM, siam2007 said:

The Buses still stop at the old place, next to that small parking bay a few Meters past the Pattaya Klang intersection, adjacent to the petrol station.

Seen it there yesterday and people getting off. Always Motocy taxis and Baht-Buses for charter available there.

If you want to do it the smart way (and safe 60-70% of the quoted price by the transport Mafia there), walk inside the petrol station and order a GRAB or UBER to pick you up there

If one just wants to get down to Second Rd cross the road to the top of Central Rd and get a baht bus there for 10 baht.

Obviously the ones at the bus stop will try and overcharge a farang, where ever they are going.

On December 31, 2017 at 6:34 PM, johng said:

If you ask the driver or assistant
They will stop (almost) anywhere along the set route..
But I'm pretty sure they do stop at Central Pattaya as well as North,South and Foodland/Theprasit.

Just to clarify the long promised Foodland in Jomtien hasn't been built. The airport bus terminus is in the Thappraya Rd FoodMart lot.

I made the journey safe. The bus always stops at Pattaya Klang (2nd stop) and the driver will shout loud and clear.

After I got off the bus the taxi mafia harassed me, but I was smart enough to study the google street view and walked over the bridge to Pattaya Klang.

9 hours ago, hiigara said:

I made the journey safe. The bus always stops at Pattaya Klang (2nd stop) and the driver will shout loud and clear.

After I got off the bus the taxi mafia harassed me, but I was smart enough to study the google street view and walked over the bridge to Pattaya Klang.

Are the pedestrian crossings that should be at the new intersection over the tunnel not there?