Tablets for Children

Deserted

Is there anywhere in BKK that specializes in these or sells many of them? I am hoping to find one that has a good protective case with sim/wifi capacity so that learning applications can be downloaded via an android system.

Any recommendations are gratefully received. .

Last year I bought a Samsung Tab E Lite along with a sponge style case (has a built in carrying handle that can be articulated into a stand) for mini-me. All in it was ~125 USD.

Pros are that it was cheap, the case works wonders as protection and it has WiFi meaning I control his access at the router level (ie he can only access the Web when I allow it based on his MAC address; when he smart enough to know how to spoof that I will be so proud).

Cons are that it has a cheap screen (sucks for me to use but he doesn't know better), fairly poor battery life, only WiFi which means on road trips I have to setup my phone as an Access Point so he can surf/watch YouTube, and is stuck on an old version of Android. 

Overall though I'm pleased with the purchase. 

Just make sure it has Googles Play store , some of the cheap Chinese ones do not ,

I have a few Kindle Fire tablets , WiFi only , they come with the Amazon Silk browser , a modified Android ,  But no Play Store which you have to put on yourself , 

They are  "nice for the price"   if someone can pick one up for you  in the USA , The 7 inch one is $50 , and often on sale for $35 or so

On 1/2/2018 at 1:15 AM, oldcarguy said:

Just make sure it has Googles Play store , some of the cheap Chinese ones do not ,

I have a few Kindle Fire tablets , WiFi only , they come with the Amazon Silk browser , a modified Android ,  But no Play Store which you have to put on yourself , 

They are  "nice for the price"   if someone can pick one up for you  in the USA , The 7 inch one is $50 , and often on sale for $35 or so

It was kindle fire that I was hoping to buy. Did you buy them in BKK?

14 hours ago, Deserted said:

Would I be correct in assuming that if I buy a kids tablet that because some have preloaded games and a protective case, they drop the spec yet charge a bit more?

its the same tablet , you are paying extra for the case and replacement if the kid breaks it.....

I bought regular ones as they were on sale , $30 for the 7 inch, $43 for the 8 inch  on Thanksgiving sales