Burglar Alarms - Domestic Security

miltonbentley

• 3 months later...

I have a full security system installed in my home,Doors, windows, motion, and fire.

I have a couple of things I want changed. Anyone here in CM that used to work as an a alam system installer? I have a couple of questions. I'll supply the beer....

I have a full security system installed in my home,Doors, windows, motion, and fire.

I have a couple of things I want changed. Anyone here in CM that used to work as an a alam system installer? I have a couple of questions. I'll supply the beer....

Is the system conected to a security company or police that respond to the alarm?

What I'm getting at is, is there such a service in Chiang Mai? :D

I only know of a cctv installer, Topview, phone is 053-288-285..

I have 4 cameras with tilt-pan, and some sofware that allows me lots of recording options, but the most common is 24hour recording on an 80 giabyte harddrive, and it splits into 4 views on my tv. Paeng noi :o

What I'm getting at is, is there such a service in Chiang Mai? :o

I have not seen or heard of one, mine just dials a family member in the police dept.

As for the dogs, I dont think my BBQ is big enough. Unless their giving away a tender young poodle....

I do know of a AKHA family that might be interested.

I have not seen or heard of one, mine just dials a family member in the police dept.

Too easily defeated unless you have a dedicated phone line for it. All the robbers have to do is call your phone number while they break in. "Usually" if your phone is ringing in, it won't dial out. If you have an answering machine on that phone, it makes it even easier for the robbers. And if the family member isn't in at the time..... You need a phone dialer that will dial several different numbers, including a response service, not the police.

If you have neighbors nearby, a 150-160 decibel warble horn in a steel enclosure IN AN INACCESSABLE LOCATION really motivates the neighbors to call the police. More importantly, that level of sound pressure causes most people who are close to the sound to become disoriented and nausous. The same sort of response can be had with 2,000,000 candle power strobs inside the house. The thieves can't steal if they can't stay in the house.

Think this way; you can't keep out a determined thief. Even bank vaults won't do that. And cameras are great only after the fact providing they show faces that can be found again.

Your best protection is to see to it that the thieves can't function once they do get inside. Be sure to have hardwired, battery back-up with monitored, balanced wiring, three or more separate zones, (so your fire, water, smoke, home at night alarms don't trigger the loudest alarms,) loud and bright alarms on your external zones, and if you want a dialer, it MUST be on a separate dedicated phone line to a response service. Your window and door alarms should be BOTH 'normally open' and 'normally closed' switches, preferable with micro switches inside the frames rather than external magnetic switches. Then add a few more joss sticks to the burner. Good luck.

The Fly Fisherman

I got a quote from a company called EPS Security , reasonable price bt as they used sensors I did not bother with one, little critters would be constantly setting them off

They used to have an ad on the back of the CM Mail.

This was 2.5 years ago, I don't know if they are still around?

Too easily defeated unless you have a dedicated phone line for it.

if you want a dialer, it MUST be on a separate dedicated phone line to a response service.

The Fly Fisherman

Dedicated phone line is definately a requirement but IMHO it is necessary to mark that line as dedicated by putting on a red or yellow tags with "dedicated" clearly written on them. Tag the line several places outside the house. That way the burgler will notice that it is a dedicated line and not cut it when he cuts the other line(s). I have never had a thief cut a dedicated line that I labeled with a tag.

Edited by Bill97

Crow Boy's Official 2-Stage Home Security System (patented):

post-23786-1179146115_thumb.jpg

post-23786-1179146158_thumb.jpg

:o

As discussed last weekend I think the "click, clack" of a pump shotgun being racked is much more effective. For the times when I am not at home an MP3 recording of the same, set to a trigger alarm will get their attention.

I have decided that the use of a 150-150 dB siren and 2,000,000 candlepower lights is useless - the neighbours will just assume it is my turn to have the karaoke night.

CB

As discussed last weekend I think the "click, clack" of a pump shotgun being racked is much more effective. For the times when I am not at home an MP3 recording of the same, set to a trigger alarm will get their attention.

I have decided that the use of a 150-150 dB siren and 2,000,000 candlepower lights is useless - the neighbours will just assume it is my turn to have the karaoke night.

CB

The useage of the siren and lights at those intensities are NOT for getting the neighbor's attention. They are to prevent the burgler's from being able to funtion inside your house. Those decibel levels and strobe lights will cause instand nausea to anyone within 25 feet of them. Ear plugs won't help, nor will ordinary sun glasses. Obviously you will need to have a remote shut-off switch too. :D)

The Fly Fisherman

CB

The useage of the siren and lights at those intensities are NOT for getting the neighbor's attention. They are to prevent the burgler's from being able to funtion inside your house. Those decibel levels and strobe lights will cause instand nausea to anyone within 25 feet of them. Ear plugs won't help, nor will ordinary sun glasses. Obviously you will need to have a remote shut-off switch too. :D)

The Fly Fisherman

Unless the burglar is a regular nightclubber in which case they will only increase their enjoyment levels :D