webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a bit more on the Tamimi clan:

Opinion Ahed Tamimi and Her Family Aren't the Palestinian Saints You Want Them to Be
https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.833071

You’ve quoted an opinion blog from Haaretz with an anti Semitic cartoon...

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion

No need to associate a 16-year old girl with a nazi trooper who slaps and rediculised a Jew...on TV...

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, Morch said:

There is no argument that the Palestinians, including the Tamimi family, do suffer under the Israeli occupation. What is contested is their one-sided portrayal.

There is no one-sided portrayal - except to Israeli defenders like you. No one in the thread claimed Ahed is a saint that is your straw man. That she is treated differently to a female Jewish settler (who also slapped a soldier) under Israel's Apartheid laws just contributes to the strength of support for Ahed Tamimi.

Your attempt to throw dirt at Ahed Tamimi needed a response and ironically it came from the same source.

2 minutes ago, khunken said:

There is no one-sided portrayal - except to Israeli defenders like you. No one in the thread claimed Ahed is a saint that is your straw man. That she is treated differently to a female Jewish settler (who also slapped a soldier) under Israel's Apartheid laws just contributes to the strength of support for Ahed Tamimi.

Your attempt to throw dirt at Ahed Tamimi needed a response and ironically it came from the same source.

There is definitely a one-sided portrayal of the girl and her family, both from some posters on these topics and many media outlets. That you declare it otherwise does not change the obvious facts. As for no one claiming her to be a saint, I do believe Joan of Arc, for example, was referenced.

Another thing that's obvious is that you do not actually read my posts, but comment on what you imagine them to be. There was no defense offered of the Israeli occupation, the illegal settlement effort or the illegal settlers themselves. What I'm on about is that posters (and people in general) often tend to idolize figures based on partial information and held ideological/religious/political positions.

If providing a fuller picture of the people featuring in the OP is "throwing dirt", then guess we have a different take on things. Yours apparently favoring ignoring certain unsavory parts which do not fit the pushed narrative. As for the "ironically it came from the same source" bit - if you were trying to demonstrate your unfamiliarity with Israeli media, well done. The Haaretz is, for the most part, a venue for left wing (and some would say, extreme left wing) views. As such, it is commendable that they accept to publish differing views - something which you apparently don't hold with.

1 minute ago, Morch said:

There is definitely a one-sided portrayal of the girl and her family, both from some posters on these topics and many media outlets. That you declare it otherwise does not change the obvious facts. As for no one claiming her to be a saint, I do believe Joan of Arc, for example, was referenced.

Another thing that's obvious is that you do not actually read my posts, but comment on what you imagine them to be. There was no defense offered of the Israeli occupation, the illegal settlement effort or the illegal settlers themselves. What I'm on about is that posters (and people in general) often tend to idolize figures based on partial information and held ideological/religious/political positions.

If providing a fuller picture of the people featuring in the OP is "throwing dirt", then guess we have a different take on things. Yours apparently favoring ignoring certain unsavory parts which do not fit the pushed narrative. As for the "ironically it came from the same source" bit - if you were trying to demonstrate your unfamiliarity with Israeli media, well done. The Haaretz is, for the most part, a venue for left wing (and some would say, extreme left wing) views. As such, it is commendable that they accept to publish differing views - something which you apparently don't hold with.

We certainly do have a different take on many things. My opinion is that the Palestinians are treated like dirt and I will defend them from the likes of you who pretends, in weasel words, to be balanced but in reality defends Israel when some pro-Palestinian posts hit a thread.

I applaud Haaretz and know well that they, unlike most of the Israeli & western media do tend to provide both sides of a story, Your 'not a saint' was pure dirt-throwing as there was far  more to the Tamimi family than the piece you selected. Accusing me of being unable to 'hold to' opposing views is pure hypocrisy as you are the master of that sort of bias.

You couldn't keep your itchy fingers from instigating yet another attempt to derail a thread to fit your agenda. I'd better stop now before I really say what I think of you.

@khunken

The Haaretz is a left wing (or even extreme left wing) oriented publication. That it, sometimes, hosts differing views does not change the general tone and views expressed in most of the articles and columns. Balanced is not quite a fitting description.

That you repeat "dirt throwing" without actually addressing the facts presented therein is not very indicative of an openness to opposing views. One minute you're "applauding" the Haaretz for covering both sides of the story, the next you rile against even mentioning something which does not fit the pushed narrative. Odd, to put it mildly. Calling this "derailing the topic" is bizarre - how is pointing out another take on the Tamimi family views and values off topic?

I get it that as far as a segment of posters go, anything that falls short of vehemently  condemning Israel is considered a "defense", and similarly, failing to fully embrace the Palestinian narrative is  unacceptable. Anything not neatly fitting into them conceptual boxes of political/ideological views is suspect. Whatever.

As for your SJW fantasies or what you think of me - couldn't care less.

1 minute ago, JingerBen said:

Ahed Tamimi versus the Israeli army isn't the first time an abuser has cried victim.

Just to put things into perspective, this story is about one girl who attacked one Israeli soldier , you have turned it around to suggest that it was the soldier who was the abuser , the OP is about one particular occurrence, rather then the who situation in general

@Thorgal

Yet another lame deflection, and as expected, another misleading "account" regarding the linked article's content.

The Tamimi clan views and values are relevant, whether you like to acknowledge them or not. I get it that honestly addressing the content therein is uncomfortable for some, so that twisting things is a "must". May want to actually read the thing (and perhaps even follow the many included links) before spewing the usual rubbish.

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Just to put things into perspective, this story is about one girl who attacked one Israeli soldier , you have turned it around to suggest that it was the soldier who was the abuser , the OP is about one particular occurrence, rather then the who situation in general

The situation in general is what provoked this incident.

That is exactly what the hasbara narrative is trying to downplay.

1 hour ago, khunken said:

Except if you're an Israeli settler with a record:

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.832939

That is a fitting counter (or complimenting) story, and more to the point than posts praising the Tamimi girl. The Israeli illegal settlers are definitely handled differently, both in terms of relevant legalities, and when it comes to even basic enforcement.

Given that the Israeli occupation is not about to miraculously end any time soon, I would much prefer a more even handed approach - not as in allowing people to assault security personnel at will, but one reacting to such instances along similar lines. Fat chance, I know.

6 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

If you're going to quote an article in your favor, at least have the decency to quote from a balanced source, not an (ultra) left wing rag.

Do you have similar issues with the bit I linked (from the same source) earlier, and which is, perhaps, more in line with your views?

:coffee1:

On 1/2/2018 at 12:51 AM, meinphuket said:

Anyone, be that Palestinians or Israelis,  hitting another person is not fit to roam freely, and should be locked up. 

What about if they were occupying your front yard and not leaving?