Australian child sex abusers on notice in Thailand

webfact

3 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

In response to your "15 is underage"

I state that:

Most western countries state that anything under 18 is underage when compensation/money comes into the equation (same in Thailand). 

(i.e. not 15 -- but anything under the age of 18 is considered underage).  If it were not a conversation but a thesis I would have included that it is not just being 16 or under.  

If that was not clear enough the next sentence in the same paragraph gave more context.  

Since what we are mostly talking about is sexual services for money and children -- 18 is the age of consent only.  With regards to foreigners in Thailand - I would classify age of 18 regardless period -- end of story (the age difference gets wider when other considerations come into play - like being able to support the girls family).   Age 18 requirement when it comes to prostitution may actually be an International agreement.

I have bolded the important parts of the conversation.  

To which you responded with a <deleted>:

Criminal rape cases in the west that attracted compensation? 

Clear Now!

I never said "15 is under age".  I think you must have someone else's quote there.

What I actually didn't get at all is you were talking about a criminal offence and civil compensation as if they are the same thing.  In the west, they are not.

I don't necessarily disagree with your other comments and opinions now you have explained further, but after the flawed initial statement your point was far from clear.

All the best.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/2/2018 at 12:55 PM, webfact said:

Up to 180 suspected foreign child sex abusers, including Australians, regularly visit or live in Pattaya, a city notorious for its seedy nightlife, according to a child protection organisation.

This is so wrong , you will find them in Bangkok , Chiang Mai and in any remote village.  Why they mention Pattaya is just because it's "sin city".  

2 hours ago, tryasimight said:

I'm not apportioning blame.  Merely pointing out jumping to the conclusion that there is a victim is unfounded. 

Look at the recent case in the UK.  Apparently the head of public prosecutions is a "feminist" who directed the place to increase the number of alleged rape prosecutions. 

One young man's life has been made hell on earth for two years until the police were forced to supply text messages that already had from the ' victim's telling her friend the sex was consensual and enjoyable.  When the young man finished the relationship the 'victim' called rape. 

Yes there is a victim here..... And it's not the woman. 

I am only talking about a situation where an adult sexually exploits an underage child. 

The child is always the victim in such situations. 

The adult always to blame. 

Edited by Bluespunk

I will never blame the young girls, or teens who were forced into having sex, so

young in their lives, I wll however blame their parents, and the other adults involved.

I have Thai relatives who were raped at a young age, and even some relatives in

Canada who were also raped in their young teens. I think that anyone involved with

underaged girls in any part of the world, are sick people, who need punished severly.

Geezer

16 hours ago, mikiea said:

you only needed to say 

"right" not the 11 b/s words before it .

I disagree that the preparatory phrase is 'b/s'  ('redundant' was perhaps the word you were groping for?)

The smallest modicum of reflection would have suggested I was expressing reservations or least implying an awareness of contrary positions before offering support for the original sentiment.

Perhaps your response provides a salutary lesson to us all about the unfortunate effects of corresponding under the influence!

:coffee1:

On 02/01/2018 at 1:51 PM, greenchair said:

Well no you can't blame the girls. But who are the people providing the girls. 

12 year old girls don't just mosy on up to pattaya nightlife by themselves.  Thai adults are seducing them into the trade with promises of a golden life. 

... so many are sold into the sex trade due to financial desperation, kinda like a loan that has to be paid back ( those of moral high ground we have little compassion, and understanding), however so saddening as it is, people do take such measures of thier desperation of financial collapse, being no welfare, and a endless cycle of poor education. Usually the local pedophile will get its kicks before then being passed on to the non Thai pedophile. 

180 is in perspective a pretty small number even if it were true.

Like most people and various TV exposes, I have never seen a child prostitute so they cannot be numerous or highly visible.

I'd guess they are controlled by Thai mafia types who will arrange a meeting when approached by one of the 180.

3 hours ago, Essaybloke said:

I disagree that the preparatory phrase is 'b/s'  ('redundant' was perhaps the word you were groping for?)

The smallest modicum of reflection would have suggested I was expressing reservations or least implying an awareness of contrary positions before offering support for the original sentiment.

Perhaps your response provides a salutary lesson to us all about the unfortunate effects of corresponding under the influence!

:coffee1:

wow ....it must suk to be you ....

15 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

In Ontario, Canada if you sell alcohol to someone that looks under 25 -- you must ask for ID.  In Illinois it is 35.  

The onus with regards to intent has to reside on the adult to do everything possible to ensure that the partner is of age.  Everyone over the age of 15 in Thailand have to have an ID card with a picture -- so if you did not at least see that -- then you have no excuse.  

BTW, I don't know many 14 year olds that look 20; 15 maybe; 16 possibly... but in my entire high school of probably 750 kids.... 1 looked like she could pass for 20 at the age of 14.

I guess Canadian teenage girls are not into the makeup and hair and clothes to make them look older.

I have see plenty of 14 year old girls in the states who look physically mature and could pass for 20.

Maybe its the hormones they inject into all the food.

16 hours ago, balo said:

This is so wrong , you will find them in Bangkok , Chiang Mai and in any remote village.  Why they mention Pattaya is just because it's "sin city".  

It's not so wrong at all - it's fact! The same way as it is fact that "you will find them in Bangkok , Chiang Mai and in any remote village."

What is wrong is that the headline implies that there is to be a purge on Australian pedophiles, whereas in the text of the article it states "including Australians" i.e.:- 

Up to 180 suspected foreign child sex abusers, including Australians, regularly visit or live in Pattaya, a city notorious for its seedy nightlife, according to a child protection organisation.

Edited by sambum

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

I guess Canadian teenage girls are not into the makeup and hair and clothes to make them look older.

I have see plenty of 14 year old girls in the states who look physically mature and could pass for 20.

Maybe its the hormones they inject into all the food.

And yet, in the vast majority of cases, men have easily avoided shagging 14 year olds  . . . .  even when they themselves were only 16.

There's no excuse ....if there's even a shadow of doubt, you're obliged to ask for proof of age

1 hour ago, Thai Ron said:

And yet, in the vast majority of cases, men have easily avoided shagging 14 year olds  . . . .  even when they themselves were only 16.

There's no excuse ....if there's even a shadow of doubt, you're obliged to ask for proof of age

Of course..

I know you know a lot about this place.  I am serious you have some good info.

But, these girls get fake ID's or friends or sisters ID's.

It is so easy to do here, not like some better developed countries. I guarantee there are many underage girls working here. Many just are not caught.

On 2.1.2018 at 7:53 AM, hansnl said:

That's not the point.

The man draws attention to the fact that despicable things like these are on offer before the foreigners come in, while all attention is going to the foreigners while the locals stay out of the light, mostly.

in asia sex with minors or marry them is a  culural thing...

16 minutes ago, Brad 2 said:

why cant they track the   Pedo at the airport and  not allow them entry . Simples

Lack of information, exchange of information, technology probably a number of reasons.

The one that I have always wondered about is HIV.  Millions infected and basically can travel anyplace they want.

Get Zika or SARS or some of the others and you can go no place.

12 minutes ago, simtemple said:

Probably focusing on Australians because of their reputation throughout South East Asia. 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1388698/dsi-issues-report-card-on-human-trafficking

What consistently seems to come up on several of these trafficking reports is South Korea.

Here, other SEA countries and especially in the Phillipines.  They totally control Angeles City now.

All the while the US is kissing their butts, on and on giving them money, protection, etc.

But who cares, right?

What a world we live in... what hypocrisy..........

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:14 PM, tryasimight said:

Accor hotel on lower Suk. Very nice especially if you are a Premier guest. Starts around 6,500 for the night and goes up from there.

Others in the area do require ID etc.

Good to hear that you can get fun along with the big bill, if desired.

Way back in the day when I first stayed in BKK I wondered why there were so many ladies sitting in the lobby every time I passed through.

Same situation with loads of ladies taking very long breakfasts in the restaurant I used.

I really was very naive then LOL.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:44 PM, Thai Ron said:

And back where I come from I heard that a 14 yo virgin was hard to find. It all went on behind the school bike sheds apparently. I missed it because I went to a boys only school.

if there's even a shadow of doubt, you're obliged to ask for proof of age

Wrong. If there is a shadow of a doubt, just say no.

Edited by thaibeachlovers