korat or BK velodrome

oldwelshman

Any info on costs of using track and for any structured training on these tracks ?  also somewhere to stay in Korat for night or two if training there? Cant see much on airbnb.

When I get more time in LOS in next year or two I would not mind getting involved in some structured coaching in Korat.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no structured training on any of the four velodromes in Thailand. Neither are there track bikes for hire. The best on offer was my work here on Chiang Mai velodrome where I supplied the bike and helped people with coaching, teaching, guidance and so on. See my facebook Chiang Mai Track Cycling Club. Due to a general lack of interest and the huge difficulties in working with the Thai Cycling Association its all died down a bit but I'm still here with the expertise, some bikes and a love of the track.

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:46 AM, ianf said:

There is no structured training on any of the four velodromes in Thailand. Neither are there track bikes for hire. The best on offer was my work here on Chiang Mai velodrome where I supplied the bike and helped people with coaching, teaching, guidance and so on. See my facebook Chiang Mai Track Cycling Club. Due to a general lack of interest and the huge difficulties in working with the Thai Cycling Association its all died down a bit but I'm still here with the expertise, some bikes and a love of the track.

ha ha leave your bikes when you go to france lol

Did you ever speak with Nick Yarwood? He is from your neck of the woods. I remember him telling me he was in Thailand doing some work to develop. He is now international development for track coaching. I was hoping to have done my coaching courses before coming out but as you know I am now coming out 4 years earlier than expected.

I would be happy to do some structured training as volunteer same as you tried up there.

I did similar for squash in Wales which was hardly popular, started with 8 and after 5 years had to turn people around 60 was enough, ended up with a team in premier league lol

Just now, oldwelshman said:

ha ha leave your bikes when you go to france lol

Did you ever speak with Nick Yarwood? He is from your neck of the woods. I remember him telling me he was in Thailand doing some work to develop. He is now international development for track coaching. I was hoping to have done my coaching courses before coming out but as you know I am now coming out 4 years earlier than expected.

I would be happy to do some structured training as volunteer same as you tried up there.

I did similar for squash in Wales which was hardly popular, started with 8 and after 5 years had to turn people around 60 was enough, ended up with a team in premier league lol

btw if Pim refuses to sell your lavish palace and you get stuck here maybe I can come up some times and we can work on drumming up more interest :-) that's what I will hope to do in one of the ones closer to me.

Did they ever do some like trips between them? I can imagine races few and far between over there with the set up I saw so far. btw I was too fat and slow when I was there last, will take me at least a year to get track fit and I intend to medal at world masters !!!