Trump to North Korean leader - my nuclear button 'is bigger & more powerful'

webfact

16 hours ago, webfact said:

In a televised speech on Monday, Kim said "the entire United States is within range of our nuclear weapons, and a nuclear button is always on my desk. This is reality, not a threat."

There is no nuclear button on your desk. 

There is one you use to order your beverages.

Have you not noticed that it doesn’t launch missiles every time you press it?

Reality?

It’s a strange beast in that narcissistic land of trumptopia. 

Edited by Bluespunk

10 hours ago, lincolnshire poacher said:

I don't think he does, Kim is making him look more stupid than he actually is

Gone are the days when America rules the world Why cant they just let people in other countries alone Ok North Korea is not a good country But think of this?  Is Saudi Arabia? Total dictatorship there Waging a war on neigbouring country Yemen and just bombing the crap out of them Not bloody once have i heard America say anything about the Saudis and there murdering ways For Christs sake if the government there dont like you they cut your head off

I guess they dont say nothing because Saudi Arabia has  a lot of oil and buys billions of dollars of weapons off America

Just food for thought? I wonder if it would be different if North Korea  had lots of oil would it be different?

17 hours ago, ezzra said:

I mean, you gotta love the man who has balls of steels not giving a hoot being PC or ' diplomatic" about things, he doesn't care to break all the molds in how to behave and be blunt to tyrants and other stuffy and

stuck up countries and heads of states.... 

So, you reckon the world is a better place now with non-PC/anti-PC types like Kim, Erdogan, Duterte and Trump ?

Well, okay, Trump hasn't (not yet anyway) committed/caused various human rights violations like the other three have ; but, you know what I mean.

There is no button that a President or Mr Kim can push that sends rockets aloft.  The sad thing is that these fools seem to take delight in speaking about nuclear war as if it was just another day waiting  for the sun to shine or not.

They don't seem to realize that after a nuclear war- the sun doesn't rise- a nuclear winter sets in that changes the future of mankind forever.  Neither of these fools should ever have the ability to be able to start such a war.

Edited by Thaidream

I understand that there are uneducated total idiots that believe a nuclear war can be started by a push on a button.

I understand a egomaniac clown tries to be popular by reinforcing that idiotical belief.

I just can not believe that this clown is not being laughed away.

Even the Rumanians - not the most sophisticated people on earth - laughed their clown away. (Timisoara balcony, remember?)

This threat is real because we have a "reality" show president.

Trump hasn't caused an international crisis yet, but we might not be so lucky in 2018

Risk of war

However, there is a rapidly growing risk of miscalculation as bluster between two ego-obsessed leaders ratchets up.

Foreign policy experts agree there is a serious risk of nuclear escalation on the Korean peninsula this year.

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/03/opinions/the-world-has-avoided-a-trump-disaster-so-far-klaas-opinion/index.html