Align the two sticks test.

micky

I went to Morchit to renew my five years driving licence.

I failed the "Align the two sticks test".  It is so confusing. The Video

demo showed a different version about the test.

When I tried it was so confusing. And after a few attemps I still failed.

Can someone tell me how to align the two stcks. The video demo showed

something else. I am at a lost. Can someone tell me the correct way to do it ?

Please kindly advise. Much appreciated. Thanking you all in advance.

4 minutes ago, transam said:

You look in the thingy, move the two strings so both pointers are pointing at each other..

Or there's the other type that one stick remains still while you line up the other one with the buttons

2 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Or there's the other type that one stick remains still while you line up the other one with the buttons

Could be, but you must get the pointers pointing at each other....Mind you many folk here don't bother with all that crap, just pay the weeeeee fine....sad-face.gif.cf4bc4bdb327834d28cc173179eb3303.gif

1 minute ago, transam said:

Could be, but you must get the pointers pointing at each other....Mind you many folk here don't bother with all that crap, just pay the weeeeee fine....sad-face.gif.cf4bc4bdb327834d28cc173179eb3303.gif

Funny you say that because the guy I seen standing up trying should of just paid

Lining up the two sticks is a perception test and I failed it first time around as well. However, the tester allowed me to try again and I got it right the second time.I don't know if anyone can advise you how to do it, it's a bit like the colour test, you either know the colours or you don't. Unfortunately I don't, but I had a very helpful falang standing next to me that did.

20 hours ago, giddyup said:

Lining up the two sticks is a perception test and I failed it first time around as well. However, the tester allowed me to try again and I got it right the second time.I don't know if anyone can advise you how to do it, it's a bit like the colour test, you either know the colours or you don't. Unfortunately I don't, but I had a very helpful falang standing next to me that did.

I told a guy if you see blue. Say green

21 hours ago, giddyup said:

Lining up the two sticks is a perception test

Lining up the two sticks is a depth perception test.

There fixed it for you.

On Sukhumvit 99 here they have two buttons one for moving the stick closer to you, one for moving it away from you. Press the button and the stick moves towards you . Stop when you think they are aligned.  If you think you overshot you can move it back a bit.

Simple really. Just watch how the other "contestants" do it. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Coconutman said:

Sorry itwas the color test.. for green he would see blue.

Stupid mistake on my part

It's not that simple. People have varying degrees of colour blindness, I confuse the red and green dots on a chart, but have no problem distinguishing green and red on traffic lights. Honestly, on the chart at Chonburi, I had trouble identifying any colour, that's why I was grateful for the help.

15 minutes ago, giddyup said:

It's not that simple. People have varying degrees of colour blindness, I confuse the red and green dots on a chart, but have no problem distinguishing green and red on traffic lights. Honestly, on the chart at Chonburi, I had trouble identifying any colour, that's why I was grateful for the help.

Same here stare at the cilors.long enough and they will change.

Im not color bling and never had any problem loke i had for the eye color test... now if i can get my spelling better im good.

You press the buttons to move the stick back and forth until it's the same distance from you as the other stick.

Not easily done if one has one eye with worse vision than the other. One used to be able to cheat at this test by watching the shadows but they covered up the box so all you see is the tops of the sticks now.

The good news is if you fail you can go to the back of the line and do it again. A lot of people fail. A trick is to pay attention to the amount of time people press the button who pass. 

• 1 month later...

Don't know if you've tried this or not?  There is a 'calibration' setting on the depth perception test (two white poles).  if you need to bring the pole forward chose that button, send it back choose the other button. Decide the button you need then quickly press it 17 times only.  The poles will automatically line up.  Works a treat!

There you go some of you old timers (like me).  Just saved you a world of grief!