Girl, 9, fatally bitten by cobra

snoop1130

Girl, 9, fatally bitten by cobra

By Suwannee Bundisak 
The Nation

8c9cecaa894126c985fcc05de85e68e4.jpeg

A nine-year-old girl was fatally bitten by a cobra that slithered into her bed in Surat Thani province’s Chai Buri district, police said on Wednesday morning.

The dead body of Prapawee Prawat was found at 7.40am by her 70-year-old grandmother who had gone to wake the girl up for school. The girl stayed with her grandmother and her 90-year-old great-grandmother after her parents divorced.

As police and rescue workers rushed to inspect the scene, they found that the girl had a bite mark in her index finger. When they searched the room, they found a big cobra coiled under a folded blanket next to the bed. 

Rescue workers killed the snake. Police concluded that the cobra had bitten the girl at least eight hours before her body was found. The girl’s body was sent for autopsy to a hospital to confirm the cause of the death.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30335308

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-1-3

It is just a matter of time before the "pet" cobras some people keep here in the southern U.S. get out and run amok and then we will have the same tragedies reported here.  The southern state of Florida is already over-run with pythons, anacondas, and boa constrictors none of which are native snakes.  Imagine, deadly, venomous, and highly aggressive cobras invading the lovely green lawns and backyards of once quiet and safe residential neighborhoods.  No more going barefoot or leaving the garage door cracked.

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Seems to be some posters who feel the need to be smart Alecs even

when the news story is serious, some people know how to type but have

no sense of what to type. RIP to this poor little girl who was killed so

early in life.

Geezer

True Geezer Bloody idiots never know when to back off  In my mind the only good snake is a dead snake  Very sad to read this

1 hour ago, billmichael said:

It is just a matter of time before the "pet" cobras some people keep here in the southern U.S. get out and run amok and then we will have the same tragedies reported here.  The southern state of Florida is already over-run with pythons, anacondas, and boa constrictors none of which are native snakes.  Imagine, deadly, venomous, and highly aggressive cobras invading the lovely green lawns and backyards of once quiet and safe residential neighborhoods.  No more going barefoot or leaving the garage door cracked.

You'd have to really sensationalize that danger.   

Florida already has rattlesnakes, coral snakes, cottonmouths and copperheads.  The copperheads and water moccasins, while not aggressive, are not known for timidness or retreating.  Cobras are more lethal, but don't represent a new threat.  Florida people already watch out for snakes when they go outside, especially after dark.  Of course, they'd need to stock up on different anti venoms. 

But a 1% change in auto deaths would overshadow a 5000% increase in snakebite deaths.  Still, I can just see the knee jerk panic when the first one hits the social media.

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

True Geezer Bloody idiots never know when to back off  In my mind the only good snake is a dead snake  Very sad to read this

Yes very sad and unfortunate. But snakes like every other animal have a place and deserve to be left alone. In reality jealous men kill more children than any snake

2 hours ago, impulse said:

You'd have to really sensationalize that danger.   

Florida already has rattlesnakes, coral snakes, cottonmouths and copperheads.  The copperheads and water moccasins, while not aggressive, are not known for timidness or retreating.  Cobras are more lethal, but don't represent a new threat.  Florida people already watch out for snakes when they go outside, especially after dark.  Of course, they'd need to stock up on different anti venoms. 

But a 1% change in auto deaths would overshadow a 5000% increase in snakebite deaths.  Still, I can just see the knee jerk panic when the first one hits the social media.

And crocs in their pools!

a tragic death indeed. ... and why most Australians like their snakes dead.

curiously, getting bitten by that monster, didn’t seem to have woken the child.

11 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

You obviously don't know much (anything?) about what role snakes play in balancing the populations of rodents and other animals. 

7 hours ago, HerbalEd said:

You obviously don't know much (anything?) about what role snakes play in balancing the populations of rodents and other animals. 

Ok then next time u see a snake and he is coming towards to you just let him bite you because if he lives he might kill a rodent next time after you There he is just balancing the population Keep up the good work

4 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Ok then next time u see a snake and he is coming towards to you just let him bite you because if he lives he might kill a rodent next time after you There he is just balancing the population Keep up the good work

But you right Ed how would i know I just was brought up in the countryside of Australia Rest assured Ed The snake population is thriving as is the fox population as is the rabbit population as is the crocadile pop as is the Kangaroo pop as is dingo pop  In fact they are growing in numbers but what would i know lol  I am just a country boy who knows nuttin lol

45 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

But stick to your beliefs Ed because snakes needs friends also Just dont get bitten by one ok Its painful and deadly if not treated straight away Have a nice day bye

2 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Right. Because we all know snakes are known to chase after and hunt down humans... Virtually all snakes will make haste in getting away when they detect humans. Most snake bites are either accidents or invoked by threatening the snake.

23 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Tragic and sad indeed...but your "snake take" is bloody idiotic.:coffee1:

2 hours ago, mjnaus said:

Right. Because we all know snakes are known to chase after and hunt down humans... Virtually all snakes will make haste in getting away when they detect humans. Most snake bites are either accidents or invoked by threatening the snake.

Obviously u never met a snake when it is mating  See what happens when u do The most aggressive snake in Australia Western King Brown  will attack you if it feels threatened  Estimated time of death  15 minutes I think you and ed have really missed the point here I am not suggesting we all go out and kill all the snakes because that will never happen  But there is a fear in human beings when they see a snake they would sooner see it dead If you did a survey and asked would you rather see a snake alive or dead you would find 90% of the people would say they would rather see them dead Its just human fear of snakes Ok

Yes i am one of the 90% who rather see them dead You must be in the 10% and have no fear of them

2 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Yes i am one of the 90% who rather see them dead You must be in the 10% and have no fear of them

Just because you fear something, does not automatically mean you have no options but to kill it (we'd be living in one hell of an crazy world if everyone would kill everything it fears). If you run into a snake, leave them be and keep your distance. The snake will not came after you, it won't hunt you down nor will it attack without being provoked.