Girl, 9, fatally bitten by cobra

snoop1130

1 minute ago, mjnaus said:

Just because you fear something, does not automatically mean you have no options but to kill it (we'd be living in one hell of an crazy world if everyone would kill everything it fears). If you run into a snake, leave them be and keep your distance. The snake will not came after you, it won't hunt you down nor will it attack without being provoked. 

Ok i say again  Have you ever met a snake that is mating  I tell you now you wont be the aggressor the snake will I tell you now a snake can move very fast When it is mating you do even have to provoke it It will attack i assure you But we are human and you have to agree with me most people have a fear of snakes  I dont go out to kill snakes but sometimes you have to What u said was right most snakes wont attack you but the fear in the human mind is there Are you afraid of snakes and what would be your reaction if just say one was inside your house

5 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Ok i say again  Have you ever met a snake that is mating  I tell you now you wont be the aggressor the snake will I tell you now a snake can move very fast When it is mating you do even have to provoke it It will attack i assure you But we are human and you have to agree with me most people have a fear of snakes  I dont go out to kill snakes but sometimes you have to What u said was right most snakes wont attack you but the fear in the human mind is there Are you afraid of snakes and what would be your reaction if just say one was inside your house

Snakes that are mating and left alone will do you no harm. I have been lucky enough to run into a load of mating cobras several years ago and while keeping my distance, they did not seem to mind our presence at all. So I am sticking to my point; when left unprovoked, snakes will not attack you. Period. Ask any renowned snake expert and they will tell you the same. People getting bitten either by accident (as was the case with the poor little girl in OP) or by provoking/mishandling a snake. 

We have not had snakes inside our house, but we have had snakes, including dangerous cobras in our garden. We either chase them off gently (and typically the snakes will get out of the way rather quickly) or get them removed by experienced snake handlers who set them free in the jungle. Never felt the need to kill or harm any of them.

29 minutes ago, mjnaus said:

Snakes that are mating and left alone will do you no harm. I have been lucky enough to run into a load of mating cobras several years ago and while keeping my distance, they did not seem to mind our presence at all. So I am sticking to my point; when left unprovoked, snakes will not attack you. Period. Ask any renowned snake expert and they will tell you the same. People getting bitten either by accident (as was the case with the poor little girl in OP) or by provoking/mishandling a snake. 

We have not had snakes inside our house, but we have had snakes, including dangerous cobras in our garden. We either chase them off gently (and typically the snakes will get out of the way rather quickly) or get them removed by experienced snake handlers who set them free in the jungle. Never felt the need to kill or harm any of them.

Ok enough of snakes everybody has an opinion leave it at that 

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

Australia Western King Brown  will attack you if it feels threatened  Estimated time of death  15 minutes I think you and ed have really missed the point here I am not suggesting we all go out and kill all the snakes

...........Yes you are mate! By saying this:   " In my mind the only good snake is a dead snake" 

4 hours ago, mjnaus said:

Most snake bites are either accidents or invoked by threatening the snake.

......Talk about U turns! You should have been a politition mate!     :cowboy:

22 hours ago, mikecha said:

no inteligence no feeling dumb dumb comment maybe u never heard the word respect 

Do you have any idea what my comment is about? How is it disrespectful? I'm sad (emoji) because they believe she was bitten 8 hrs before.  It's sad because anti-venom may have saved her. 

By the way intelligence is how intelligent people spell intelligence. 

2 hours ago, SunsetT said:

...........Yes you are mate! By saying this:   " In my mind the only good snake is a dead snake" 

ride off into to sunset mate lol

40 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Do you have any idea what my comment is about? How is it disrespectful? I'm sad (emoji) because they believe she was bitten 8 hrs before.  It's sad because anti-venom may have saved her. 

By the way intelligence is how intelligent people spell intelligence. 

She was found in the morning and she was bitten in bed , her family would have just thought that she was asleep .

It wasnt until she didnt wake up, that they realised

2 hours ago, SunsetT said:

ok i say this then and u can pick the bones out of this one lol  the only good snake is a live one  a trouser

snake 

4 hours ago, mjnaus said:

Ask any renowned snake expert and they will tell you the same. People getting bitten either by accident (as was the case with the poor little girl in OP) or by provoking/mishandling a snake. 

Yes, as Cobras eat other snakes , this snake may have mistaken the girls finger/arm for another snake

27 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

you guys must be so bored here arguing about snakes  lol lol lol

28 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

you guys must be so bored here arguing about snakes  lol lol lol

You do realise mate that you are the only one left and that you are now arguing with yourself......lol.  Everyone else has taken your advice and is playing with their trouser snake.......lol.

1 minute ago, SunsetT said:

You do realise mate that you are the only one left and that you are now arguing with yourself......lol.  Everyone else has taken your advice and is playing with their trouser snake.......lol.

lol .....  anyway ,  common sense is if your in a room or position where a snake is threatening and could bite you then it's a dead snake ....  otherwise a shoooooosh with the shovel or stick and it's of on it's merry way.

end of story ...

14 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

ok lol  sounds a better idea lol

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

She was found in the morning and she was bitten in bed , her family would have just thought that she was asleep .

It wasnt until she didnt wake up, that they realised

Yes, I know. Still you would think being bitten by a cobra would've have woken her. A very sad story.

Archived