Changing province and spouse visa query

Hi all

My year on a permission to stay based on marriage is nearly up and it's time to jump through hoops again. I was hoping for an easy application as I know they don't do home visits or neighbour interviews etc after the first successful application but what happens if I want to change address?

Me and the family may move to a different province for a year so how does that work with my application?

I don't want to just do the application in my current province as that will mean a 1000km round trip to do it then another trip to collect it then 4 more trips to do the 90 day reporting every year [emoji24]

Any info welcome

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you change address that’s covered by a new immigration office/area there is a high chance you’ll get a home visit for the first application at that office.

If I have only just moved to the new address I won't know any neighbours or village leader etc for them to talk to or for them to vouch for me like at home so what would be the point ?

Also we won't own the new property it's just a rental. My house at home will still be my official address which is owned by my wife.

You need to fill in form TM28 to change immigration office to your new address. 

Tm28 is only to inform of a move but it is nothing to do with getting spouse visa renewed but thanks anyway [emoji106]

Also just been told that we need a kor ror 2 (marriage registration or long tabian baan) dated within the last 6 months?
Will my original marriage registration not suffice? Surely they don't expect people to go to Bkk (where the marriage was registered) to get an updated copy??
I live 1000 km from Bkk [emoji35]

6 minutes ago, irlguy1 said:

Also just been told that we need a kor ror 2 (marriage registration or long tabian baan) dated within the last 6 months?

You can get a print out of the Kor Ror 2 marriage registry at any Amphoe for a fee of 20 baht. If you wife does it all she had to do is complete a form requesting it and showing her ID card.

• Like 1

You can get a print out of the Kor Ror 2 marriage registry at any Amphoe for a fee of 20 baht. If you wife does it all she had to do is complete a form requesting it and showing her ID card.

Cheers Joe appreciate that info.
Any ideas on my first question?

3 minutes ago, irlguy1 said:

Any ideas on my first question?

If you  mean the one about the home visit. Most offices will do a new home visit when you do the application at a new office.

Some offices ask for witnesses when you apply instead of doing the home visit.

If you  mean the one about the home visit. Most offices will do a new home visit when you do the application at a new office.
Some offices ask for witnesses when you apply instead of doing the home visit.

Hmmmm
It's gonna be a flat over a shop and we don't know anyone there [emoji12][emoji12]

4 hours ago, irlguy1 said:

Tm28 is only to inform of a move but it is nothing to do with getting spouse visa renewed but thanks anyway emoji106.png

Yes, it has.

TM28 will move you to your new location so 90 days reports and renewal of marriage extension can be made at the new office.

5 hours ago, irlguy1 said:

Will my original marriage registration not suffice? Surely they don't expect people to go to Bkk (where the marriage was registered) to get an updated copy??
I live 1000 km from Bkk emoji35.png

A marriage certificate doesn’t prove you’re  still married, which is why some offices ask for up to date proof.

Yes, it has.
TM28 will move you to your new location so 90 days reports and renewal of marriage extension can be made at the new office.

Wont applying for the extension in the new province and supplying all the relevant paperwork already make it known that I live there now?
Then once I am registered in that province it's just formality to 90 day report in the same region?

I am sure your wife could get to know a couple if people in a short period of time.

She is going to be running a new restaurant next door to a food stall and no other neighbours on the other side. I can't see her competition wanting to vouch for me [emoji23]

A marriage certificate doesn’t prove you’re  still married, which is why some offices ask for up to date proof.

Ah ok yea that makes sense but as long as it can be done in any local
Amphur then it's no big deal [emoji4]