How to learn Spanish in Thailand?

Jingthing

I'm interested in learning Spanish to see if that's even possible for me at my age and being an American. I accept the stereotype that Americans are often poor at learning foreign languages but Spanish is supposed to be among the "easiest" for native English speakers to learn compared to much more difficult languages like Korean.

Why? Two reasons. I might repatriate to the U.S. to a heavily Latino area and I'm also still interested in moving to a third country in Latin America. But if you live in Latin American, it's not like Thailand. There you basically NEED to speak a reasonable level of Spanish to get by. I'm not sure that I have it in me.

I have learned "tourism Spanish" before, enough to order in restaurants and ask where the bathroom is, what does this cost, etc. and had decent experiences with that as a tourist. But never past that.

Living in Thailand isn't a good place for Spanish teachers or practicing your Spanish.

So that's what this is about. Ideas on how to learn Spanish while living in Thailand. 

Needless to say I'm interested in Latin American Spanish not Spain Spanish. I've done both as a tourist level though. 

Edited by Jingthing

Just add "os" at the end of every sentence. 

"How are youos?"

"Fine thank-youos".

Learning French is the same. Just add "allez vous" at the end of every sentence.

"How are you allez vous?"

"Fine thank you allez vous".

And in Thai just add "cup" at the end.

"How are you cup?".

"Fine  thank you cup".

Was looking more for things like online ideas. Snide sarcasm, not so much. 

My idea is to just see if I can even get past tourist level which I already know I can do. If I can't do that, the idea of moving to Latin America is definitely out. Don't expect there is any chance of getting fluent here. 

Edited by Jingthing

7 minutes ago, sipi said:

Just add "os" at the end of every sentence. 

"How are youos?"

"Fine thank-youos".

Learning French is the same. Just add "allez vous" at the end of every sentence.

"How are you allez vous?"

"Fine thank you allez vous".

And in Thai just add "cup" at the end.

"How are you cup?".

"Fine  thank you cup".

I thought you just had to shout louder and wave your arms around.

I can speak scouse, does that count as a foreign language?

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Was looking more for things like online ideas. Snide sarcasm, not so much. 

My idea is to just see if I can even get past tourist level which I already know I can do. If I can't do that, the idea of moving to Latin America is definitely out. Don't expect there is any chance of getting fluent here. 

Have you tried Google allez vous?