Marriage extension Phuket

Been on Multiple Non O visas for a long time (<50 yrs old), most of the time I don't mind doing a border hop for the 90 day stamps but wanted to update myself about changing to an annual marriage extension from Phuket. Never really liked dealing with the immigration office and needing to bring more money here has been what has put me off in the past, so still undecided what to do.

My Non O expires mid Feb so my final admitted to stay will take me into May.

Could I apply for the extension during the last admitted to stay stamp, after the actual visa has expired?

Are there any Phuket specific quirks regarding the 1 year extension, extra documents or fees requested? Will they want to do a house visit?

I would use the 400,000 in a Thai bank option if I decide to do it (don't think its allowed to show 50/50 money in bank/income), normally we have less than 200,000 here (I am reluctant to bring over more cash as its mostly locked elsewhere and the poor exchange rates). So that's the big disadvantage over a multi entry for me aside from the actual application. Advantages are don't have to do a border run and my passport is quite full so would soon be needing another new UK passport.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, digital said:

Could I apply for the extension during the last admitted to stay stamp, after the actual visa has expired?

You can apply for the extension of stay during the last 30 days of your last 90 entry from the visa.

2 minutes ago, digital said:

Will they want to do a house visit?

Yes

2 minutes ago, digital said:

I would use the 400,000 in a Thai bank option if I decide to do it (don't think its allowed to show 50/50 money in bank/income), normally we have less than 200,000 here (I am reluctant to bring over more cash as its mostly locked elsewhere and the poor exchange rates).

No combination of income and money in the bank. You can only use the 40k baht income option or 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the date you apply.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the extension of stay during the last 30 days of your last 90 entry from the visa.

Yes

No combination of income and money in the bank. You can only use the 40k baht income option or 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the date you apply.

Thanks its as I expected. 

Another thought I had was about the monthly income method. How strict are they (imm or UK embassy) about the funds, could I for example pay myself (transfer between banks) enough to make up 40k PM (I already have some monthly income but not enough).

15 minutes ago, digital said:

Another thought I had was about the monthly income method. How strict are they (imm or UK embassy) about the funds, could I for example pay myself (transfer between banks) enough to make up 40k PM (I already have some monthly income but not enough).

Immigration would not care. They just go by what is on the income letter from the embassy.

The embassy only want to see a regular income going into a bank account. Not condoning what you propose but it could be done.

Info on getting the income letter by mail is here. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration would not care. They just go by what is on the income letter from the embassy.

The embassy only want to see a regular income going into a bank account. Not condoning what you propose but it could be done.

Info on getting the income letter by mail is here. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

Thanks again, that's another possible option if there are no problems with doing that.

Looking at the info it seems you need to show the source of the funds, so not sure this is possible.

I have read it may be possible to use a different Countries Embassy/Consulate other than British UK (where I could go in person), is that correct?

Anyone have any Phuket specific reports about the marriage extension so I know what to expect, especially if you have used the income evidence?

Thanks.