Amnuay Silpa School, Bangkok

Jay2091

It's a good school, appears staff are treated well. When I'd rec'd a response from an ad I was quite pleased but that passes quickly when an acquaintance rec'd the same response. The app went nowhere and I'd rec'd no request for interview or further documents dispute being on some form of short list. An impression I have is that they only hire British, which is unfortunate tendency of most British FHoD, Academic Managers, etc. With the right qualifications in this market, I'd think they'd be paying 60-75k

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Where? 

I know the place 'well'. They only officially advertise on TES and do most of their hiring from the UK. The TES advert never states the full salary scale. That is sent to applicants who have been given interviews. 

NQTs start on low 90s plus bonus and flights etc. There is then an incremental pay scale depending on experience and extra responsibilities. You can be on 100+ within a few years so they do pay very well for the work load. It is not quite the top level, but they do pay better than many established International schools nowadays. 

ahhh sorry i cant seem to remember. I tried to look it up seems like its been taken down now, but that i believe was for a local hire, i might be wrong .But, yes i have seen there postings on TES, Bangkok Post and other non UK portals too. Its good to know that they pay that much considering their fees to be lower than most Tier 2 International Schools. How is the workload ? Is it like a Thai bilingual school or the rigorous progress mapping, pastoral care duties etc 

15 hours ago, BobbyL said:

I know the place 'well'. so they do pay very well for the work load. 

What is the workload like in comparison to International British Curriculum Schools in Bangkok?  

So the pay is good but I know the holidays follow the Thai calendar, but are there any other cons working there? 

Archived