Bid For Sunday Ban On Booze

george

We had 3 generations of cat in our house once and the 3rd generation tom cat tried to screw granny cat on our sofa.

Do not rely on the sexual integrity of felines is all.

JJ

Are you on Drugs?

Another well thought out good idea. Peeing into the wind again.

No "job bor see's" in this govt. Doc. Only a true genius could have come up with this one. If this idea comes off, it'll be a bit like living in the Outer Hebrides, where they cover all the evil booze with blankets in stores on Sundays, lest the cheerless beerless proles should be led into temptation. Can't somehow see this going down to well amongst the punters of LOS. :o

I think the Sunday ban on Alcohol is a great idea, it's a pity that they could not include the other 6 days a week also, yes, a total ban, and who cares what the LOS Punters want.............Sex and Alcohol, stay at home mate, get pissed in your local pub, go home to a wank.

Ban all Alcohol is a fine idea.

maybe the whole of thailand could have a no drink, no smoke and in bed by 10pm law.

would that please you polo.

Then we could all join polo's way of life and become <deleted> too!!!

Another well thought out good idea. Peeing into the wind again.

No "job bor see's" in this govt. Doc. Only a true genius could have come up with this one. If this idea comes off, it'll be a bit like living in the Outer Hebrides, where they cover all the evil booze with blankets in stores on Sundays, lest the cheerless beerless proles should be led into temptation. Can't somehow see this going down to well amongst the punters of LOS. :D

I think the Sunday ban on Alcohol is a great idea, it's a pity that they could not include the other 6 days a week also, yes, a total ban, and who cares what the LOS Punters want.............Sex and Alcohol, stay at home mate, get pissed in your local pub, go home to a wank.

Ban all Alcohol is a fine idea.

maybe the whole of thailand could have a no drink, no smoke and in bed by 10pm law.

Then we could all join polo's way of life and become <deleted> too!!!

summed up in one simple word

:o:D:D

UUUPS----I recently visit my doctor and he gave me the final results:

you should stop smoking, you should give up drinking and it's no good for you to have sex anymore, he saied. hmmm, i asked him; then i will live longer??? :D ?

no, he answered, but it will seem longer :o ...--- so what, we drink, we get drunk AND WE DO NOT DRIVE....but??

This country wants very hard to become a virgin again, ask any women if that works....hmmm..best regards g

as for me personally, i could do with not drinking everynight of the week, i'm sick of it sometimes.

polo's gonna love this one.

as a bar owner i think its a lazy and pathetic way to fix this problem.

how about kicking the police up the ass and enforcing real and sensible traffic laws, instead of going home or whatever after 2 am.

breathalizing, curfews on young idiots, general patrols.

in pattaya you can drive naked at 4am at 100mph through the streets and you would be very unlucky if you were seen by a policeman.

banning drink is not the answer.

Hello from Vienna!

Well this is for a Scandinavian a "well known" polecy.We have had similar laws in Norway for years allready.

The result were for many years positive because the number of accident reduced some and number of dead in the traffic was also reduced.

Same time the main problem in Thailand is not alone the alcohol combined with driving.There are few drivers who have a "driving school" too.Lack of education is perhaps the root also to drunk drivers everywhere.

Best Regards

Henning K

Has everyone forgotten than we are talking about Thailand here and as far as law enforcement goes there is a whole lot left to be desired. Laws can be made left right and centre but first and foremeost who is going to enforce the enforcers?

Has is been forgotten that any one stopped by a policeman for almost any reason can "buy" his way out for a few notes?

In a place where bribary and corruption seeps from the seams and where it's a case of who you know and not what you know, is anyone at all going to be the least bit bothered whether public holiday drinking is "legal" or not? Perhaps only the vendors who then again, will be able to "escape" any entrapement with a few hundred baht.

So, when the fish stinks from its head - as it usually does and in this case even more so, unless you do something about that stink not only for the head but the entire body, no one is really going to care about public holiday drinking.

Anyway, I would have though there are a lot more serious things that need to be taken care of - like buying a football club or another telephone company - or maybe even a few luxery cars in the "home help's" name...........!!

Tourism will suffer of course, and as usual there is no consideration for the people whose jobs and pay will suffer, while the Thai, particularly those upcountry, who want to drink will, in their own inimitable fashion, stock up on Fridays (or earlier) and drink and drive on the weekends. This is Thailand, not some other country, and the Thai will continue to do as they please as they have always done. This is really the imposition of some sort of Chinese morality on the Thai, whom the ethnic Chinese have exploited to the extent that they own this country, lock, stock and drinking licenses.

Here we go again!!! Another high ranking official fahrted once more!!!!!

Is this a good excuse to put roadblocks and checkpoints so as to fine innocent Thais and foreigners alike if they have a good example "no helmet" so there you are an excuse to fine again.Wow I wish these officials stop eating beans!!! :o

So lets say this 'Prohibiton' goes ahead, stores would have to 'fence off' their alcohol stocks. Bars would have to close or just sell soft drinks. Drinking alcohol in public would not be allowed; even if you bought it the day before?

Looks to me like it would be a case of get all your beer and whisky stocks the day before and party all day Sunday at home, because it's not worth going out as you can't get a drink. Now that would really dampen the government profits especially over the three day Songkran 'festival'.

I think it's just a case of the Thai government having to be seen to be doing something about reducing the death road rate- even if they don't actually do anything about it. As mentioned before, we hear it every year after New year and Songkran when the death toll figures are announced.

Thai people have no sense of danger, they will continue doing what they are doing until it kills them, but even then, why worry, they think they will be re-incarnated to a better life.

For example how many helmets sit in the motorcycle's front basket waiting for the roadblock/checkpoint to appear and then they calmy slip it on. They'll never learn or change.

I support the idea. Every girl has a time once a month to relax. So every man should be able to stop drinking once a week. Me think it's fair. :D

In that case, and to be really fair to both parties, I propose that for you Axel, you can tell your wife/GF as she passes you a beer out the fridge, "Not tonight darling, it's my monthly and I'm on the rag(gon)" on every third Tuesday of the month. :o:D Now that's what I call gender equality, not every week! :D

In that case, and to be really fair to both parties, I propose that for you Axel, you can tell your wife/GF as she passes you a beer out the fridge, "Not tonight darling, it's my monthly and I'm on the rag(gon)" on every third Tuesday of the month. :o:D Now that's what I call gender equality, not every week! :D

Nice one, but why "wife/GF ", let's say "wife and GF". :D

More on topic, just been to Villa-market, saw a little sign, no alcohol sales after midnight...

So, since I am not allowed to buy and take it home, must stay in the pub.

In that case, and to be really fair to both parties, I propose that for you Axel, you can tell your wife/GF as she passes you a beer out the fridge, "Not tonight darling, it's my monthly and I'm on the rag(gon)" on every third Tuesday of the month.  :o  :D Now that's what I call gender equality, not every week! :D

Nice one, but why "wife/GF ", let's say "wife and GF". :D

More on topic, just been to Villa-market, saw a little sign, no alcohol sales after midnight...

So, since I am not allowed to buy and take it home, must stay in the pub.

Shit man, that means you have to abstain twice a month! Too bad.

I don't suppose Villa says what time they start serving again? Does that mean I won't be able to get a beer with my 39 baht special brekkie at 8.00 am? It really is getting like the extremities of Scotland then! :D

As i don't drink or smoke, i think it would be a wonderful idea.

To ban the 2 drugs that are responsible for 97% of all drug related deaths makes sense to me, dunno about the rest of you people.

Sounds like a whiff of Fascism to me matey. You're a real fun loving fart knocker

aren't ya?

:o:D:D:D:D